Navy Non-Prior Service Applicant Maximum Age is Now 39

Navy Increases Maximum Age for Enlistment

Updated: January 20, 2018

Effective immediately, the maximum age for active duty non-prior service United States Navy applicants has been increased from 34 to 39 years of age. The applicant must be able to ship to boot-camp before their 40th birthday. The minimum age of 17 with consent remains the same.

All separate and specific age requirement for individual Navy ratings and programs remain the same (Nuclear Power, Navy Diver, Aircrew, etc.).

There is no change to the maximum age for non-prior service applicants entering the Navy Reserve. For the Navy Reserve, and applicant must be at least 18 and no more than 39 years of age.

Additionally, the age requirements for prior service applicants remains the same.

Article published: January 19, 2018.

7 Responses to “Navy Increases Maximum Age for Enlistment”

1. Ritta says:

Any update on Navy Mavni ?

Ritta,

I have no new news concerning the Navy’s MAVNI program.

3. Lew A says:

Re: Navy Increases Maximum Age for Enlistment

Which Officer Designations allow persons with non-prior service to join past age 50…..if any?

Lew A.,

The Navy Chaplain and Medical Corps will.

5. IC2 says:

Where did you get your information? Can you link or show the official Navy URL or source? I know this is not an official Navy website due to the many violations found on here against of the DoD Regulations and SECNAVINST policies on publicly websites so I am curious where you got your information. I have not seen an ALNAV or NAVADMIN on this. Can you show your source? Thank you.

IC2,

I am copy and pasting my Facebook response:

CNP approved it, and the CNRC Operations Notice will be sent to the field on Monday. The MILPERSMAN is being updated accordingly.

And, what does this mean, “due to the many violations found on there against the DoD Regulations and SECNAVINST policies”? My site does not violate any DoD regulations or SECNAV policies. The site is not an official voice for the Navy because it is not owned by the Navy.

7. Shakya says:

Hi took the asvab so I had to wait 6 months I waited my 6 months then I took the asvab but I didn’t take it at a meps station I took it at MET SITE on the computer and someone from meps came and gave us the test I scored a 55 so a month later my recruiter tell me that the person over meps want me to take it again but my recruiter have my score updated in the system…..
    can someone tell me why I got to take the test again ?