TDRL Re-Enlistment Procedure

Temporary Disability Retired List

Updated: October 25, 2015

Over my years in recruiting, although rare, I have helped reenlist a handful of people who were placed on the Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL). The process can be confusing; I hope this post may answer some of the more common questions.

TDRL is a program that a servicemember of the United States Armed Forces who have temporary medical issues that precludes them from being a functional member of a command may be placed if so determined by a formal Physical Evaluation Board (PEB).

Title 10 of the U.S. Code requires physical examinations to be conducted every 18 months while on the program (more frequently if diagnosed with PTSD). The intent is too ensure documentation of conditions in reference to stability, progression, and remission. All examinations are reviewed by the Physical Evaluation Board when attempting to make a decision of stability of medical conditions.

For Navy Veterans (NAVETs) who are in the TDRL program, if the PEB finds you “fit for full duty,” you will be notified of your eligibility for reenlistment by PERS-912, Millington, Tennessee. They will also notify the appropriate Navy recruiting activity.

If you desire to reenlist, your Recruiter will then schedule you for a physical examination at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). The MEPS will determine that you are not physically qualified for reenlistment, and you’re otherwise enlistment eligible in all other respects, including height and weight, your physical examination results, and the “fit for duty” letter will then be submitted for a medical waiver. If the disqualification from the MEPS is relating to the approved PEB injury, then it will be approved without a problem – if there is an additional disqualification for something other than the original injury, then normal waiver procedures will be followed. When/if the waiver is ultimately approved, there will be no further delay in finding you a ship date for your original rating regardless of its Career Reenlistment Objective (CREO) Category.

As most NAVETs who are trying to reenlist through a recruiting station can tell you, the availability of billets can sometimes be far and few between, but for members reenlisting from the TDRL program, if it is necessary due to NAVET goal constraints, the Navy Recruiting District must obtain NAVET over-ship authorization from Commander, Navy Recruiting Command’s Operations Department.

Note: Final action must be taken no later than five years after placement on the TDRL. Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 1210(h) specifies that retired pay must terminate at the end of the five-year TDRL period.

The information here is consolidated from the Recruiting manual and other Navy publications, and written for the layperson.

170 Responses to “Temporary Disability Retired List”

1. Steve says:

Master Chief,
    You wanted me to email you with updates on the TDRL process, but I can not find your email. Could you please send it to me?

V/R

FC2(SW)

2. Steve says:

never mind, I found it

3. NCCM(ret) says:

Steve,

I’ll be able to read it when I get home – we are on our way back now, and should arrive sometime tomorrow night – Vegas was good :)

4. AO1 Robertson says:

Master Chief,

AO1 here again. I recieved my letter from D.C. today allowing me to return to active duty. San Diego had told me that it would take 30 to 90 days for a response from D.C.. It only took them 4 days to get back to me. In your article you said that you have put in a few TDRL sailors back into the Navy. I retired from recruiting myself but never delt with a TDRL member. What exactly are the steps that need to be taken for me to re-enlist? Thank you so much for the phone number that you provided. Starting Monday I am going to be blowing up that phone line so I can get my letter from Millington. As I find out more information as I move along I will post it on here so everyone wondering will be informed. Thanks again Master Chief!! Have a great weekend!

VR/
    AO1 Robertson

5. Al Robertson says:

Master Chief,

This is AO1 Robertson again. I have some updated news for you. I went for my physical at MEPS and they disqualified me for the conditions for which I was put on TDRL for. What bothers me the most about this process is the fact that the Doctors at MEPS did not review the medical paperwork from Balboa. The other thing that bothered me is what was told to me by CNRC. I contacted them after I was told no and they informed me that all TDRL physicals get disqualified by MEPS. Period. Is this true? I’m just hoping that my Med Read gets approved by BUMED. If you have any other information please let me know. Thanks Master Chief and have a great Navy day!!

VR/
    AO1 Al Robertson

6. NCCM(ret) says:

Al,

Yup, MEPS will disqualify you – they have to because of the DOD instruction they are provided (medical discharges will always be sent) – the process you are going through is a waiver to that standard. If you meet all the other standards beyond that which caused the retirement, you should be just fine.

Things are going as expected.

7. NCCM(ret) says:

Al,

I have updated the post because MEPS medical will now always disqualify based on it being a previous medical discharge.

8. Al Robertson says:

Thanks for the info Master Chief. That makes me feel a lot better. I passed everything else but what I was placed on TDRL for. I will let you know when my Med Read comes back from CNRC. Again, thank you very much Master Chief. It is very much appreciated.

VR/
    AO1 Robertson

9. Al Robertson says:

Master Chief,

Just wanted to let you know that I received my Med Read and I am good to go. I re-enlist on the 9th of May and I have to report to TPU Great Lakes NLT 11May2011. Thank you for all the information Master Chief. Again it is very much appreciated. I will keep in touch. Take care Master Chief and have a great Easter weekend.

VR/
    AO1(AW) Al Robertson

10. NCCM(ret) says:

Al,

Congratulations! When you get done with TPU, I would love to hear about that experience – living, uniforms, the orders process, and anything else you might find interesting so I can share it with others and it will no longer be the great unknown.

11. Al Robertson says:

Thank you Master Chief. I will keep in touch and let you know the whole process. Take care Master Chief. Have a great weekend!!

VR/
    AO1 Robertson

12. HM2 Miller says:

Hello AO1 Robertson, and Master Chief,
    I am on TDRL, however have been found fit to return to duty by MED board. I have 15yrs, 5m. (Combined Active Duty Service) I wanted to find out how the process has gone at TPU, and any other suggestions since you have gone through the process? I am still considering returning to active duty, or pending Formal MED Board granted.
    Semper Fi,
    HM2 Miller

13. MA2 Povia says:

Master Chief,

I recently received my fit for duty findings from the PEB and elected to return to service. The next step was to take the Fit findings letter down to my local recruiter’s office. This is where the problem begins. My recruiter told me that he has no idea what TDRL is or how to put me back in. I pulled the U.S.C. 10 chapter 61 section 1200, the SECNAV instruction on TDRL, as well as the COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1130.8H manual. I was still unable to get anywhere with him or anyone in the office. On numerous occasions he stated to me that right now the Navy is not taking prior service so this is going to be a problem. I tried to inform him that my case is different from an average prior service because I am TDRL. He made a phone call to what he referred to as the main headquarters for his recruiting division in Raleigh. The recruiting office that I am going to is in Beaufort, SC. The person in charge with whom he spoke to there told him that he did not know anything about it either, and he would try to get in touch with a point of contact in PERS. Please help me understand what is going on. Is anyone else out there having this much trouble returning to active duty from TDRL? Why does no one seem to know what is going on? And does anyone have anything that I could take to my recruiter to help him get a better understanding of what direction he should go. I don’t know what else to do! Please help!

Very Respectfully,
    MA2 Povia

14. NCCM(ret) says:

MA2,

The biggest problem is the fact that it is such a rare occurrence – 99.9% of recruiters never experience this, hence the initial confusion.

PERS-912 should have also contacted Navy Recruiting Command, I am assuming that NRC has yet to contact NRD Raleigh – I would, as it looks like you already have, give a copy of your paperwork to your recruiter for the NRD to follow up with on their end, I would also contact PERS-912 to make sure they did in fact send the appropriate documentation to recruiting command.

I would direct your recruiter to this page if he has questions.

15. MA2 Povia says:

Master Chief,

Today I made contact with PERS and was given a phone number to the Director of Naval Recruiting Command. The Commander’s name I will not post on this forum, but she was extremely helpful. She made contact with various people who are in charge of the recruiting division for my area, and it seems as though the ball is rolling now. However, she did mention one thing that kind of concerned me. I was informed that regardless of whether the PEB board found me Fit, I can still be found unfit for Naval service by MEPS. After speaking to her about his, I asked about the BUMED waiver. She told me that a BUMED waiver will be submitted. However, that does not mean it has to be approved just because the PEB found me Fit. She did state that it is a very rare occasion for denial, but there is still that possibility that I wouldn’t be allowed to come back in the service. As I mentioned in the post above the U.S.C. 10 chapter 61 section 1200 covered cases like that I thought. Unless I read it incorrectly. Aren’t I covered so that if MEPS does find me unfit the BUMED must be approved as long as the condition is the same as was placed on TDRL and found Fit for? I am supposed to go to MEPS on Tuesday 31 May 2011. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you for any information you can provide.

Very respectfully,
    MA2 Povia

16. NCCM(ret) says:

MA2,

MEPS will more than likely disqualify you because you were discharged medically – your waiver will be sent to Navy Recruiting Command N3M, not BUMED (Navy Recruiting Command stopped using BUMED many years ago) – the waiver will include the PEB approval, and if your only issue is the medical issue that the PEB approved you for, then it will be approved. I have never seen an instance that it was not.

17. MA2 Povia says:

Master Chief,

Thank you very much for that information! It is such a relief to hear that! For 18 months I fought this battle of trying to get Fit, and to hear it was possible for everything to be denied this far in was crushing. I will keep you posted on what is to come with this process and will also take the information provided to my recruiter’s office. I hope that my questions will assist others who may be going through similar issues and will help to make their process smoother than my own. Thank you again for the quick response!

Very respectfully,
    MA2 Povia

18. SGT Johnson says:

Master Chief,

I know I am a Marine but you seem to have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to PEB Boards. I recently came back on Active Duty from the TDRL, and again reinjured the same thing I was placed on TDRL for, my question to you is one, can I be placed on a PEB Board again for the same condition? Because the Doc that saw me is telling me she is recomending ADMIN SEP which I found a MARADMIN that specifically says that someone cannot be administratively seperated due to a previous medical condition that I was found fit for (TDRL) I dont know if this is in your scope of work but any intel on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again Master Chief

Respectfully,
    SGT Johnson, A.K.

19. NCCM(ret) says:

SGT Johnson,

That is out of my wheelhouse, but if you do have the MARADMIN, and it is still current, I would bring it to the doctor’s attention. It makes sense to me that you would have to be review by the board. I wish I had more to offer; let us know how it turns out.

20. SGT Johnson says:

Master Chief,

Do you know if you can be placed on another med board for the same condition that you were on TDRL for? I have a connection in Quantico but it seems as though everytime I call he is not available, a coincidence Im sure. I might of already asked this question and forgive me if you already answered it.

Respectfully,

Sgt Johnson A.K.

21. NCCM(ret) says:

SGT Johnson,

Whereas I would think the circumstances of the issue, ie. how did it flare up again, would be factor, but I do think, like I stated in my previous response, that the Med board process should be the way to go, and not the admin sep route you relayed before.

22. SGT Johnson says:

Master Chief,

I appreciate your response and help.

Respectfully,

Sgt Johnson A.K.

23. CSC Donald Nicholas says:

Master Chief,
    Like all the post before me, I too have been found fit to return from TDRL. As most of the news above is some what comforting. I have a problem that i can see in my case tdrl ends at 5 years correct. I got my results back on the 22nd of September which is only 5 days prior to five years on the tdrl program. 5 days is not enough time to do all of this, in any means. I feel so lost and scare of losing all that i have worked for which is 15 years and 5 months of naval service. and to come out in the end with kinda of losing everything is very scary and I am stuck on what to do. Any help would be great on this issue.
    V/r CSC Nicholas

24. NCCM(ret) says:

Chief,

You may be confusing the fact that you can only be TDRL for 5 years and having to be back on active duty within 5 years, the latter is not the requirement, you should be GTG. Bring the documentation you did receive to your local recruiting station., they can at least start your paperwork in anticipation of your approval reaching the NRD.

BTW, Congrats!

25. CSC Donald Nicholas says:

Master Chief,
    Thanks for the quick response, but i am right assume that as of tuesday the 27th i will receive no medical care benifits and or also no medical retirement pay due to my tdrl is up on the 27th. even that the board only made they decision 7 days prior to tdrl expiring? this is what makes me nervous no medical and pay for me and my family.

26. NCCM(ret) says:

Donald,

I don’t know the answer to the money/benefit question. Your concern makes sense to me – I wish I had some guidance to provide. Hopefully, your orders will have you back on active duty at the soonest.

27. Miranda says:

Master Chief,

I, like everyone else here, have been found fit for duty by the PEB and have elected to reenlist. I have been in contact with Personnel Command and NRD Richmond and followed orders as to sending paperwork in the required time frame. However, I was under the impression from Personnel Command that a recruiter at the Richmond, VA station would assist me in returning to active duty, but after visiting the admin department there and showing them my paperwork from Personnel Command, I was put in contact with someone from the Richmond MEPS who handles TDRL cases. I contacted her and she told me to contact my local recruiter (Richmond is two and a half hours away from my location in VA) so that he could handle my case, which I did today.
    Here is where the problem begins, after talking with my local recruiter and trying to explain to him my situation being on the TDRL, he informs me that he does not handle prior-service cases. He then gives me a number to the Greensboro, NC recruiting station because he says they do and for me to contact them. I called that station right away and they told me the same thing, that they do not handle prior-service cases, and told me to contact their Greensboro Naval Reserve Station. I called the number for there but after several tries there was still no answer. I am very sorry for making this such a long post, I am just very confused about what recruiter can get me processed and set up a date for me to have a MEPS physical done. I feel like I have been my own recruiter for a while now. So, is it true that I need a prior-service recruiter to handle my needs or can any recruiter near me do so? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide Master Chief. I really do appreciate it!

Respectfully yours,

Miranda

28. NCCM(ret) says:

Miranda,

All I can think of is that they don’t have a clue what TDRL is – they think you are a prior service contract that is very hard to get in – have them read this post as you are the easiest contract they will ever write. You do not have to go through any of the processes a regular prior service applicant would have to.

29. Miranda says:

Master Chief,

Thank you very much for responding so quickly to my post. I was thinking the same thing, that they have me confused with a regular prior service applicant. I think what I might do is call my point of contact at Personnel Command and see if he can explain things to my local recruiter to get him to understand. I will also direct him to this post for further information. Thank you again for taking the time to respond back and confirm my thoughts on what was going wrong. Hopefully the ball will start rolling in the right direction soon!

Sincerely,

Miranda

30. NCCM(ret) says:

Miranda,

Let me know if you have any issues getting the point across.

31. Miranda says:

Master Chief,

I ended up calling my point of contact at Personnel Command and he called up my local recruiter got him to finally meet with me. He has now started the process of reenlisting me, so hopefully everything will go more smoothly from this point on and I won’t run into many problems when I go for my MEPS physical. I would like to thank you for putting this blog online to give out more information on going TDRL to active.

Miranda

32. NCCM(ret) says:

Miranda,

Remember to expect MEPS to disqualify you medically as I discussed in other comments. If you get a chance to talk to NRD Richmond’s XO, tell him I said, Howdy :)

33. philip tersillo says:

This is EO3 Tersillo, I was placed on TDRL Sept. 27 2010 and have not heard anything since…it is starting to scare me and even with my sister being a black hawk pilot, still no direction. Any help is much needed.

V/R
    EO3 Tersillo

34. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

You should be getting direction soon because you are coming up on your 18 month required check-up date (end of March).

If you have moved, and are no longer at the address they expect you to be, make sure you update them.

35. philip tersillo says:

Thank you Master Chief!! i sent an email also a letter notifying them i moved and got a letter asking for email and phone and have not heard back since i sent the requested info…

36. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

Just because I like things confirmed, I highly recommend that you follow-up, and make sure they got it, just in case… If you have to mail it again, make them have to sign for it – I think the signing option costs like 2 bucks.

37. philip tersillo says:

Didnt think of sending it certified return request…Thank again Master Chief! will do today.

38. philip tersillo says:

Master Chief this is EO3 again…i got a letter recently from the VA regional office requesting that a medical disability evaluation be conducted at this medical center in connection with my claim for benefits, i was just trying to get paid back for glasses from a civilian doctor because it is a service related problem with my eyes and i did not wait for VA. I do not know what to do now because of TDRL coming up in March and this suppose to happen Feb. 7th!

39. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

The VA sent you confirmation about the appointment, with it should be a contact number, make sure the VA is aware that you are TDRL.

40. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3.

Here is a list of contact numbers and addresses for the Navy TDRL folks.

41. philip tersillo says:

Master Chief…words can not explain how thankful i am for the time you gave me, i have learned more in less than a week then in over a year and a half. even branching out to my old chain of command still i was lost, losing all hope and giving up and then you gave me 5 min of your time and it means that much to me!

42. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

Glad I could be of assistance!

43. philip tersillo says:

Master Chief, I think I am in over my head because the VA said that TDRL has nothing to do with them and to keep my appt. with the VA but i am pretty sure that it would cancel any change of going back to active duty. i got a family on the way and i would pick active duty any day but i am so confused on what to do or say and to who.

44. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

Did you call the TDRL folks in the link I provided?

45. philip tersillo says:

Sure did Master Chief and they confirmed my social and address and said they would contact me with in 3 to 4 weeks with my first examination. They said based on where i am located it can be done at the Academy or the VA. This was the contact number for the first examination (TDRL).

46. philip tersillo says:

master chief what is happening is now i have an appt. for comp and pen as well as orders for the tdrl first examination board thing…and they are both about 3 to 4 weeks apart from each other.

47. NCCM(ret) says:

EO3,

They were not able to discuss with you any information concerning the VA? If not, maybe the customer service number from the page: 1.866.827.5672

I don’t know the specific answer to your question, I hope they can answer it.

48. philip tersillo says:

Master Chief, I was told when I called the first board orders number on the contact information you gave me that I would be expecting orders in the mail (in the next 3 to 4 weeks)…I will just have to keep calling before I go letting them know i am TDRL and again when i get their maybe? Thank you in advance for putting up with me it must be frustrating!

49. philip tersillo says:

march 7 usaf academy “active duty” board…HOPES and PRAYERS?

50. O2 says:

Master Chief,

I was placed on TDRL 3 years ago, I was found fit for duty in November and received notification in December. I have been in contact with my local recruiting station and went through MEPS without a problem. I signed a consent sheet, and the TDRL personnel in Millington, TN said they were sending my paperwork to Washington D.C. I am wondering how long it takes a re-appointment to go through Washington D.C.? Also, do you know the likelihood that I will not be re-appointed? I qualified nuke before getting put on TDRL and would really like to be back on a submarine.

Thank you so much for the helpful post. This has been a very long and difficult process.

O2

Sir,

I have no experience with officers and TDRL, but I assume the rules are the same – which means that they are obligated to bring you back. I assume the Nukes will have a chop on it, that could be the delay.

I wish I had more information to provide.

Vr/NCCM(Ret)

52. CTRC says:

Hi Master Chief. I was retired to the TDRL for bone cancer in Jan of 2010. Back in Jan 2011 I underwent my first 18 month evaluation (6 months early). The bottom line from the board was – “CPO West does not wish to return to active duty at this time, but if he did, he would be fit to do so”. My next evaluation is this fall. I want to return (I was at 17.5) but am concerned about my VA ratings causing problems at MEPS. I have done some research and it doesn’t look like my ratings are disqualifying, but if MEPS disqualifies me for one of my VA issues (nasal polyops, chronic sinusitus, sleep apnea) then I am out on my kiester with nothing to show for it.
    Looking at the regs –
    Polyops – 12 months must have passed since the last surgery to remove them. Check
    Chronic sinusitus – I take OTC allergy meds and have 0 symtoms. Check
    Sleep apnea – I was rated for this but I was a fat body and do not have symptoms any longer. Not sure if that is disqualifying.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Jim,

MEPS will additionally disqualify you for the prior history of sleep apnea; MEPS will disqualify you for the medical discharge that lead to the TDRL.

Once you are approved to reenter active duty, that approval will lead to Navy Recruiting Command generating a billet for your reenlistment, but, if you are disqualified for an additional medical issue that is not covered by the approval, ie. the sleep apnea, you would require an additional/separate medical waiver for it. I have not seen a waiver granted for sleep apnea, but my experience with those who have a history of it is very small – never in conjunction with TDRL.

The removed polyps and sinus issues that are handled with over the counter meds shouldn’t be an issue.

54. CTRC says:

Master Chief,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea when I was processing out of the navy and recieved 50% disability from the VA. However, I do not have symptoms any longer – read – was fat, not fat now. If I get a new sleep study that clears me of this, would that suffice? Also, does MEPS pull you VA record when you go through, or is that all through the persons disclosure? Also, would my MEPS physical be for retention (I read that somewhere)?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Jim,

Shipmate, I was amiss in my first response by not recognizing your surviving your bout with the bone cancer. I can only imagine the physical and mental anxieties you had to overcome. My thoughts are with you.

To the question at hand, if you are, or have ever drawn, disability, that fact will be disclosed. If you have ever been diagnosed for a sleep disorder, it must be disclosed – as with any other medical issue questioned by the MEPS.

The physical MEPS preforms is an enlistment physical, and you will fail it for the two reasons I stated – once MEPS disqualifies you (they have to, no matter what because you were discharged medically) they will send your records to Navy Recruiting Command for final approval. If they require additional testing, they will send you out for it at the MEPS’ expense.

56. jerry says:

I was placed on tdrl back in 2010 and since then i have been making an amazing recovery from brain surgery and the docs that performed the surgey tsays they can wright me a recommandation to return to active duty does that increase my chances of re enlistment at all since i have been “cured”

Jerry,

Once the med board approves you to come back in, you will have a billet waiting for you.

58. jerry says:

Master chief,
    My disability was epilepsy while active but if i can get the paperwork from civilian docs that did the surgery they tell me two years after the surgery siezure free they will approve me for re enlistment will that help me get back in if they say im good to go sir

59. Angelo says:

NCCM,

I was placed on TDRL w/17.5 years in 2007. Returned to duty in 2010 via MEPS Columbia SC, NRD Raleigh NC; went through Great Lakes as a NAVET; currently assigned in Norfolk VA, will retire (again) April 2013 with 20yrs. I too may be of assistance with answering questions.

However, my question for you is, if I received 100% disability from the Navy (75% pay which was offset by 100% VA) while on TDRL, when I retire in April, will my retirement percentage be 50% or 75%?

Angelo

Angelo,

You would have to be reevaluated by the VA to determine what your “current” disability rating would be. I highly recommend that you start that process, via the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD) program, at least six months before your date.

61. HM2 Miller says:

Good Morning Master Chief,
    I wanted to let people know of the big problem with the San Diego MEPS / Recruiting. SNAFU. TDRL found fit June 2011, consented to reenlistment, provided all necessary / requested medical documentation. Received 3 different memorandums from CNRC: (Jan 2012) 1st further processing Not Warranted due to current medical information. (Feb 2012) 2nd memo further processing Warranted, (Apr 2012), 3rd memo not received till Jun 2012 further processing Not Warranted. I have exhausted all resources, working with a wounded warrior advocate to contact Secretary Campbell, to resolve. If not resolved will have to pursue military attorney to file in Federal Court. Hope this may be helpful to others; the bureaucracy has to be fixed. Thank you,
    HM2 Miller

HM2,

I assume you have contacted the TDRL folks? The contact information is via a link in comment 40 of this post.

I am not aware of your circumstance, but even if the TDRL folks approve you to come back in, and you have something else that is not related to the TDRL matter – then you can still be denied re-enlistment. For example, if you were on TDRL for a heart condition then cleared and approved for the heart, but you had/have diabetes, then you would not be allowed to reenlist, no matter how the MED board may have determined the original heart condition.

63. HM2 Miller says:

Hello Again Master Chief,
    Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately I think my case is may be more bureaucratic as well as part of the System is Broken. What I mean by broken is the exact medical diagnoses in the TDRL/PEB I was found Fit for Duty, and the MEPS / CNRC has chose to interpret my medical information to meet or not meet their agenda / needs of the Navy. In conclusion what I am saying is Either I am fit and allowed to return to Active Duty Navy or my my records must be reviewed and medicallly retire me. There can not make this a grey area topic. I hope to resolve my situation; not only to help myself continue my service however to prevent the Navy / MEPS from doing this to another Service Member. Additionally the ironic thing about my whole situationg with-out divulging personal information is; I work at a Military Medical Center with my primary pts being Wounded Warriors. How is that for ironic? That is my dedication to duty.
    HM2 Miller

64. LT Daniels says:

Good Evening NCCM,

Great site! Any direction for officers returning from TDRL? I’ve got my 2nd TDRL evaluation coming up and have gotten every duck lined up that I can in order to be found fit. Its been a tedious process to this point.

If found fit how does the process work for commissioned sailors?

Thanks!

LT Daniels

LT Daniels,

Based on what I read in COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2E (The Officer Recruiting Manual), it appears to be the same process. I recommend that you get in contact with the local officer recruiter to start paving the way – it is likely that the officer recruiter will have no idea what to do – your contact will help him/her prepare.

66. LT Daniels says:

Thanks NCCM,

Please see Bupers Publication 1850-040. It seems to be most recently updated in 2007. Is this superceded by a newer recruiting publication? The aforementioned document does not mention recruiters.

Thanks again.

R/

LT Daniels

67. LT Daniels says:

Should have said MILPERSMAN 1850-040.

Thanks.

R/

LT Daniels

LT,

Not sure what you are asking, but the article you point out does include recruiting command (see page 7 and 8).

69. HM1/SWC says:

We are hainv the hardest time getting my husband reenlisted. We received the paperword from CNRC back in May and started the process. In the meantime since MEPS has taken so long, his retired pay stopped. We received a request for additional info letter last week requesting his Va benefit info. Once that was submitted, he was found “NOT FURTHER PROCESSING” for the SAME conditions in which he was placed TDRL. In addition, there was NO physical ever done at MEPS. Please help, this has been going on for since May.

HM1/SWC,

No idea why it would take so long, I assume at this point you are waiting for CNRC to dictate to the MEPS to complete the physical – this shouldn’t take long. I do recommend that you call the TDRL folks at PERS, their number is, 901-874-4703 –explain to them your situation and they may be able to help you further, especially if it is due to the Navy Recruiting District not knowing exactly what they should be doing – that is a possibility as TDRL reenlistments are rare.

71. HM1/SWC says:

The document we received yesterday said that further processing of this applicant ‘IS NOT’ warranted. What does that mean? The recruiter said it means he was denied.

HM1/SWC,

Who is the document from?

73. HM1/SWC says:

N3M

HM1/SWC,

There must be something in the medical record(s) submitted that is beyond that of the TDRL issue. If there is nothing else medically wrong, then call the number I provided.

75. HM1/SWC says:

they documented all of his tdrl items. will do