Popular publications and instructions for the United States Navy
The Navy has basically two types of publications, regulatory and procedural. Publications exist that cover just about every type of situation you can imagine. Regulatory publications such as the Navy Uniform Regulations applicable to all persons in the Navy and lay down broad, general rules that specify what must be done and what can or cannot be done. Procedural publications such as the Standard Organization and Regulations Manual (SORM; OPNAV INST 3120.32) contain information pertaining to specific situations and the method of handling them (hazard drills, FITREP routing, etc), guidelines to be followed, and information necessary to perform the duties properly.
All publications are to be reviewed once a year. Reviews are completed to ensure the publication is up to date, ensuring all required changes have been completed and annotated.
- Navy Uniform Regulations
- Navy Military Personnel Manual
- OPNAV Instructions
- Navy BUPERS/NPC
- SECNAV Manuals
- Flight and Air Space Support Services (including NATOPS)
- Navy JAG Instructions
- Navy Enlisted Manpower and Personnel Classifications and Occupational Standards
- Navy Officer Manpower and Personnel Classifications
- Chief Of Chaplains Instructions
- Navy CyberSpace NAVADMIN Works Cited