Medically Disqualifed at MEPS, Now What? Pg-112

Navy Recruiting Medical Waiver Process

Written by
Published: September 17, 2009
Updated: April 24, 2019

8,598 Responses to “Navy Recruiting Medical Waiver Process”

1. Hailey says:

I got permanently disqualified from meps today because of 17 self harm marks on my forearm from when I was 9 years old. What are the chances of getting a waiver APPROVED, with these marks on my arm that were done almost a decade ago with no further self harm issues. I’m very stressed over this issue bevause this is the only thing that can keep me from enlisting if they decide to disapprove the waiver..

2. Jack R says:

Question about ears in tubes:
    Had ear tube inserted in 2016 to drain fluid after an ear infection. Went to MEPS about a year later and the tube was still in the ear, was told I was temporary DQ’d while the tube was still in the ear.

About two years later I process with the Air National Guard, at this point the tube has been out for exactly 1 year (since confirmed at follow up ENT appointment). Air National Guard waiver comes back from the National Guard Bureau telling me I am DQ’d again and cites the DODI 6130 regulation for having “chronic eustachian tube dysfunction as indicated by tubes in ears within the previous 3 years”.

I am now trying with the Marines. My packet has just been sent off to MEPS to start the process on their side.

From what I have read it looks like the case I have to make is that there is nothing chronic about having the tubes in my ears. I have ENT follow up documentation stating that it was a one time event, no further complications, no further instances, ear is completely healed,no medications were needed, and a hearing test from the ENT that shows perfect hearing (I did pass the hearing at MEPS the first time).

Do you have any experience with ear tubes being denied for simply being in the ear within the previous 3 years as per the DODI 6130 regulation? Is there any way to obtain a waiver for proving that it is not a chronic condition that resulted in them being inserted in the first place? In the event that a waiver is not possible for the tubes simply being there within 3 years would I simply just have to wait out the remainder of the time until that 3 years has elapsed?

Thank you for looking over everything

3. Ed W says:

Dad of two daughters in the Navy, one of which needed a waiver for scoliosis, which got me to thinking about daughter #3. She is still in 9th grade but has expressed some interest in following in her older sisters’ footsteps, and I would think that several branches may have interest in linguistic skills, as we adopted her from China at age 12 and she is fluent in Chinese. She does have a long ago repaired cleft lip/palate with no issues or speech difficulties (Chinese accent but speech is clear). However she does have a small underbite and her orthodontist and plastic surgeon at the cleft clinic are suggesting elective,Lefort I surgery (maxillary advancement). In your experience or opinion would someone who underwent this surgery, 3 years prior to enlistment (surgery done summer between 9th 10th grade) have any issues with enlisting or obtaining a waiver? Thank you.

4. navydoc says:

Ed W.
    As long as her treatment is completed at least 6 months prior to enlisting, orthognathic surgery is not DQ.

5. navydoc says:

Jack R,
    Yes, PE tubes within the previous 3 years is DQ. Waiver is considered based on needs of the service.

6. navydoc says:

Hailey,
    Waivers chances are determined based on the needs of the service.

7. Michelle says:

waiting for son to give details of the day but here goes the history, submitted 70 pages of medical records for one medical condition with 2807-2 form. was cleared to process at MEPS for physical, recruiter was confident all would go well such that he suggested bringing nice clothes for swearing in. MEPS physical DQ’d on the one medical condition. If it were an issue wouldn’t they have denied B4 the physical? Why pay for a stay in a hotel, pay for meals, tell to bring clothes for swearing in, process all tests, and DQ in the end? Extremely disappointed and confused. Now need to do a medical waiver.

8. michelle says:

after speaking with my son and getting the details of today’s events at MEPS as much as it is disappointing, we are looking at it as a learning experience. his recruiter is awesome and working hard on his waiver, so now we wait and hope for the best.

9. navydoc says:

Michelle,
    The services have asked MEPS to physical all applicants, even when they have a known DQ. I agree it’s a waste of money and time (both the applicants’ and the government’s) but sometimes that’s how bureaucracy works. I always inform the recruiter that an applicant is DQ and needs a waiver if I know beforehand from a medical record review, but I would say 85% of the time the recruiter doesn’t pass on that message to the applicant, leaving me to be the bad guy.

10. Hutch says:

My son is SR and contracted a viral infection during boot camp (completed 32 days and 2 pt tests with no issues at all). He spent the better part of 9 days in the hospital and was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. He is now in seps and will more than likely be d/c due to the diagnosis. With the related comments am I correct in assuming that, depending on his d/c code – that he can request a waiver and reenlist? and how long does the waiver take to get a review from Tennessee?

11. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

My med read was just cleared and I can now schedule a physical at MEPS.
    Med read was for minor peanut/shellfish allergy and childhood asthma.

I took a pulmonary function test and passed. Did not use inhaler since age of 8. I took a peanut food challenge test and passed. Got a letter from doctor saying I can eat shellfish and peanuts without any reactions and that I passed the spirometry with normal small airway volumes. I did have a positive for cherries, carrot, and limabean for oral allergy syndrome which is no longer a DQ.

All I have to do now is passed the physical. Are there still chances of MEPS disqualifying me for the stuff in the med read or is that good to go now since they already reviewed it?

12. navydoc says:

Emmanuel,
    Any HISTORY of an allergic reaction to fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nuts is PDQ, irrespective of a current negative oral challenge. Oral allergy syndrome is also PDQ. You will need a waiver. Asthma is also DQ if you had a prescription for an inhaler, even if you didn’t use it, after the age of 12.

13. navydoc says:

Hurch,
    Waivers are not a big priority for the Navy. Expect it to take several weeks at least. He will require both RE code and medical waivers if he attempts to join again.

14. Rebecca says:

Hi, i am in the process of getting a medical waiver for hypothyroid controlled by synthroid. My husbands cheif who used to recruit says even if my medical waiver is approved they could still send me home from bootcamp over my hypothyroidism. Is this true?

15. navydoc says:

Rebecca,
    It is true that the medical personnel at RTC can decide that a waiver was granted in error. However, controlled hypothyroid is not an issue for general service. As NCCM stated previously, there may be some specific programs that will not allow a sailor with hypothyroid, but that would be between you and the classifier, not MEPS.

16. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

There was no history of an allergic reaction. I thought I was allergic and to be safe, reported the issue and took the skin tests. The reason why I took the skin test was because I ate food in the past that got my mouth tingly so I checked off “allergic to common foods” in the questionnaire.

I am slightly confused. If my med read was cleared and those are PDQ issues, why are they scheduling for a MEPS physical? I was told the new DODI no longer disqualifies for oral allergy syndrome.

As for the asthma, I have no records of the prescription for the inhaler. So I am not sure what to do. My allergist already said I don’t have asthma and I took the spirometry. I am not sure what else I can do for these issues. Any recommendations?

17. navydoc says:

Emmanuel,
    Oral Allergy Syndrome was not DQ under the OLD DoDI 6130.03 from 2010. The new 2018 DoDI lists it as a PDQ. If your medical records list a peanut allergy, you will need a waiver.

The services have specifically asked us to physical all applicants, regardless of PDQ status, and send for waiver consideration.

18. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

So I would need a waiver for childhood asthma/inhaler use, peanut allergy, and oral allergy syndrome?

I have my MEPS physical on Monday. Maybe I can set up appointments with the doctors in advance to try to get necessary information to help pass the physical.

From your experience, would you say I would have a hard time getting cleared?

19. Rebecca says:

I have been told “never experienced” a rash when taking penicillin (so my mom says) will this be an issue? If so i can just get an allergy test and hopefully it will come back negative but for some reason penicillin allergy is in my medical history.

20. Navydoc says:

Rebecca,
    Medication allergy is only PDQ if anaphylactic, and even then is commonly waived.

21. Navydoc says:

Emmanuel,
    Based solely on what you have posted here ,and having seen none of your records, I would PDQ you for for peanut allergy and OAS. I can’t tell you about your asthma history. Waivers are dependent on the needs of the service.

22. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

I took an allergy skin test and got negative for all types of nuts. I also took a food challenge for peanuts and passed. The only history for asthma was by memory. I did not submit prescriptions for an inhaler. I did take a spirometry and passed.

On the skin test, shrimp came up as a positive but the doctor wrote a note that says that “after evaluation, patient can eat shellfish, treenuts, and peanuts without any reaction. He was positive to cherry, carrot, limabean and celery which is due to oral food and pollen allergy syndrome.”

Med read came back to ask for all records pertaining to shellfish or a doctors note saying there are no more records. Doctor wrote letter stating that “another evaluation was done and there are no more records and that I can eat shellfish, peanuts, and treenuts without any reactions.”

After that my med read was cleared.

From that, could you be able to tell if I would run into any problems at meps regarding those issues?

23. Navydoc says:

Emmanuel,
    No, I do not have a crystal ball. I can tell you that you would be PDQ if I read those records exactly as you wrote it here. Negative blood and oral challenge tests DO NOT override a history of food allergy. Oral allergy syndrome is PDQ. I would allow you to process, and tell your recruiter you are PDQ and will need a waiver. Allowing someone to process does not mean they are qualified. Go through the process and stop overthinking it. There is zero possible way anyone but the o who read your actual medical records can make the final decision.

24. Michelle says:

not sure i understand the waiver process. here is what’s been happening with my sons enlistment to USMC thusfar, 70 pgs of records sent to meps, cleared for a physical, pdq at physical, meps md says need a waiver. recruiter completed and submitted form, says now we wait but not as long as b4. what form was completed and sent to whom? meps or bumed? wait not as long as b4 as compared to what?

25. navydoc says:

Michelle,
    For applicants with significant medical history must submit a prescreen with corresponding medical records. Based on those records, the MEPS CMO will make a determination of qualified or disqualified. In the past, those with DQ conditions unlikely to be waived were then sent for waiver authority permission to physical. This is no longer the case.

The services have requested MEPS physical ALL applicants, regardless of the results of their med read (with some exceptions like a missing limb, current cancer, or cerebral palsy, etc). The applicant then has their physical, is formally PDQ, and the service liaisons at MEPS then send the packet up for waiver consideration. For the Marines, that can take a very long time. I ALWAYS tell the recruiter if an applicant is DQ on prescreen so that the applicant can be told before coming to MEPS that he/she will not be swearing in the day of the physical. The recruiters rarely pass along that info. I usually show the applicant the information trail and the exact date I told the recruiter of the DQ.

MEPS has NO ability to grant waivers. The only person who can grant a waiver is the service specific waiver authority.

26. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

Thank you for the information. I will take your advice and just go with the process and stop over thinking it.

27. Tat says:

I have meps on a Monday. My current situation is I’m 10 months postpartum and I stopped breastfeeding my daughter 2 months ago. I do not experience pain or discomfort. My breasts feel empty. However, if my nipples are squeezed very hard a little milk does drop out. Will I get DQ?

28. Franks2018 says:

I have a mild heart murmur (mitral valve prolapse). I don’t have much documentation on it sense I was told I no longer needed to see the cardiologist in 2011. I tried to get my previous test results back but the records have been destroyed. I made an appointment an saw a cardiologist last year and she said my murmur was very mild, almost trivial. Do you think a waiver will be granted?

29. navydoc says:

Franks2018,
    You need to get a current (less than 6 months old) cardiology consult, including ECG and echocardiogram. MVP may or may not be PDQ, depending on the results of those tests.

30. navydoc says:

Tat,
    As long as you are no longer currently breastfeeding, you will not be PDQ. It can take several months for lactation to completely stop.

31. Tat says:

Thank you Navy Doc!
    So, if I have a little milk when expressed, will it be temporary DQ?

32. Navydoc says:

Tat,
    Again, if you have not been breastfeeding for 2 months you will not be DQ. Active lactation is DQ because of concerns of engorgement and mastitis. You are not producing enough milk to have those issues if you have weaned your child.

33. Tat says:

Thank you Navy Doc! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Wish me luck!

34. Rebecca says:

My recruiter told me it was? But is trying to get me a waiver? Ive seen so many conflicting things im just in the process of getting more bloodwork to bring back into the recruiting offoce for him to send up.thankyou for the quick reply!

35. navydoc says:

Rebecca,
    Medication allergies are only PDQ if anaphylactic; this is clearly written in the DoDI 6130.03 from May 2018 (under the previous DoDI from 2010, ANY systemic reaction to a substance was PDQ. That was eliminated in the newest iteration of the medical fitness standards). And a negative allergy test will not change a DQ if there is a documented history of anaphylaxis to a medication. You can’t get a waiver unless you have been to MEPS and been disqualified by the CMO.

If you read the DoDI 6130.03, allergy to medication isn’t even specifically mentioned (allergy to stinging insects and food is). What IS listed as DQ in Section 5.23 (e) is as follows:

“History of anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is highly likely when any one of the following three criteria are fulfilled:
    (1) Acute onset of an illness (minutes to several hours) with involvement of the skin, mucosal tissue, or both (e.g., generalized hives, pruritus or flushing, swollen lips-tongue-uvula) and at least one of the following:
    (a) Respiratory compromise (e.g., dyspnea, wheeze-bronchospasm, stridor, reduced peak expiratory flow, hypoxemia); or
    (b) Reduced blood pressure (BP) or associated symptoms of end-organ dysfunction (e.g., hypotonia [collapse], syncope, incontinence).
    (2) Two or more of the following that occur rapidly after exposure to a likely allergen for that patient (minutes to several hours):
    (a) Involvement of the skin-mucosal tissue (e.g., generalized hives, itch-flush, swollen lips-tongue-uvula).
    (b) Respiratory compromise (e.g., dyspnea, wheeze-bronchospasm, stridor, reduced peak expiratory flow, hypoxemia).
    (c) Reduced BP or associated symptoms (e.g., hypotonia [collapse], syncope, incontinence)
    (d) Persistent gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., crampy, abdominal pain, vomiting).
    (3) Reduced blood pressure after exposure to known allergen for that patient (minutes to several hours):
    (a) Infants and Children: Low systolic BP (less than 70 mmHg from 1 month to
    1 year, less than (70 mmHg + [2×age]) from 1 to 10 years, and less than 90 mm Hg from 11 to 17 years) or greater than 30 percent decrease in systolic blood pressure.
    (b) Adults: Systolic BP of less than 90 mmHg or greater than 30 percent decrease from that person’s baseline.

36. Rebecca says:

Im sorry i realized i wasnt clear. Im referring to my hypothyroid. Im so bummed i may not be able to join over it. Although i am currently working on the waiver. My recruiting told me it is 100% disqualifying. But your answer earlier is giving me hope.

37. Navydoc says:

Rebecca,
    Your recruiter is 100% wrong. You can google the DODI 6130.03 and look under the chapter “endocrine

38. navydoc says:

Rebecca,
    DoDI 6130.03 Chapter 5.24 (k) page 39
    “Current hypothyroidism UNLESS asymptomatic and demonstrated euthyroid by normal thyroid stimulating hormone testing within the preceding 12 months”

39. Mike says:

3rd time posting this. I don’t know why I don’t see the first two.

Is hypospadias a DQ? I was born with it and it was corrected with a surgery. It was distal hypospadias. I have had no problems, no deformities, no UTI, no problems with the urethra, no voiding dysfunction, I can urinate normally, no problems with the flow of semen, and no problems with reproduction.

I saw several people have asked you about this years ago and they had different answers. One answer says that it’s a DQ and one says that as long as it’s been corrected and no problems with urination and reproduction they could enlist.
    But that was YEARS ago. And I need to know if things are different now that it’s 2018.

I came across an article that was published this year 2018 and it says this –
    “Current epispadias or hypospadias when accompanied by evidence of urinary tract infection, urethral stricture, or voiding dysfunction, is disqualifying.”

By the way, I’m trying to join the Army, not the Navy but I understand at MEPS, all branches will have the same doctor.
    Do you think the MEPS doctor will approve me to enlist OR this case is waiverable?
    I hope that I could enlist since I had no problems with it growing up and I am now 33 years old. It has been over 25 years ago since my surgery.

Navy Doc, I appreciate your time in reading this and thank you in advance for answering my questions.

-Mike

40. mike says:

I got a cut on my pinky and required stitches,i’m leaving for boot camp next thursday. Will i get held back

Mike,

I has posted before. The site you reference is outdated, the new instruction reads, “History of epispadias or hypospadias when accompanied by history of urinary tract infection, urethral stricture, urinary incontinence, symptomatic chordee, or voiding dysfunction or surgical intervention for these issues within the past 24 months.”

NavyDoc answered your question the first time you asked it the other medical page with, “Mike, Corrected distal hypospadius is not DQ unless there are complications.”

42. Navydoc says:

Mike,
    You posted it non the other board. It is not DQ.

43. Navydoc says:

Mike,
    Your laceration must be completely healed prior to boot camp. You cannot go with stitches.

44. mike says:

will they notice if I wear a band aid? the cut didn’t need stitches after all

45. navydoc says:

Mike,
    You must remove all bandaids for the medical inspect. You cannot go to boot camp with an open wound.

46. Ehije says:

Good day NavyDoc,
    Im trying to enlist in the Army. I had laser surgery for retinal detachment 1 year ago. All paper work show that i have no issues and my eyes are in good condition. After initial paper work submission to MEPS by my recruiter, it was forwarded to USAREC for waiver, which USAREC disapproved and requested i see an eye doctor for eye exam in order to get a waiver, which I did. Submitted the eye report and letter given to me by the 0Ophthalmologist, this showed that my eyes are okay, vision OS-20/30, TA-19mmhg,OD-20/20, TA-19mmgh. Recruiter submitted it to MEPS, but it’s been 4 weeks now and no response, he also claims MEPS has not updated my document on its tracker. Total number of documents submitted is 5 pages. Please I want to know if it takes this long for MEPS to process such waiver or if my documents has been sidelined. Thank you.

47. navydoc says:

Ehije,
    A retinal detachment only a year ago is unlikely to be approved for waiver, although your best bet is certainly the Army. MEPS medical department should take no more than 5 days to process your prescreen; there is no limit to the amount of time the Army liaisons at MEPS can take to process your paperwork. I suspect it is at USAREC waiting for review.

48. Mike says:

Oh, I see. I’m very sorry about that. I didn’t notice it. I didn’t know there is another board for this. I’ll go check that out.
    Thank you for answering.

-Mike

49. Thomas says:

Navydoc,

I am in the commissioning process for Navy JAGC. I have gotten conflicting info on my chances of waiver after having arthroscopic microfracture knee surgery and meniscal repair in 2015. Some documents say arthroscopic orthopedic surgeries are typically waivable, but severe injuries that inhibit mobility or function are not. I would pass by that standard because the knee does not give me any trouble nor does it inhibit mobility at all. However, I have seen other documents that say microfracture surgery, specifically, is a DQ but says nothing about the waiver. So, do you think microfracture will be waivable? I saw in a previous comment that chondroplasty is waivable, and the chances of approval were high, but microfracture is a bit more serious. I should go to MEPS in the next few weeks, but I am trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,
    Thomas

50. navydoc says:

Thomas,
    Waiver is likely. However, candidates for competitive programs like JAG have a lesser chance of being selected when they require any type of waiver, because there are usually plenty of fully qualified applicants to choose from.

51. Thomas says:

Thanks, navydoc. I am already through the JAG selection process. I just have to get through medical to commission. Hopefully I can get a waiver. Thanks, again.

52. Mike says:

Hi, i am prior service, was discharged medical, tried to go in navy via waiver and was apparently denied. Question is how do i get a copy of my meps records as well as a copy of my waiver? Thanks

53. Smith says:

Hi Doc,

I was wondering about the eligibility for someone to enlist with confirmed herpetic whitlow. 2-3 initial outbreaks with no subsequent ones.

54. Tyler says:

Joined USMC DEP June of 2017. Have just received a letter from [Location redacted for privacy] MEPS saying I am medically disqualified based on mole removal with no pathology and depression requiring hospitalization. Recruiter says he now has to send my packages again via viewmed to doctor in Washington DC and hope that he grants a waiver. What are the chances that I am actually granted a waiver for this? Is there any other supplementary information that I can supply that will give me a better chance of my waiver getting approved?

55. navydoc says:

Tyler,
    No path usually receives waiver without an issue. Psychiatric hospitalization waiver is very dependent on review of your records, treatment, how long it’s been, and diagnosis. The USMC waivers can take several months to process.

56. navydoc says:

Smith,
    As long as you do not have current herpes lesions and do not require daily suppressive treatment, herpetic whitlow is not PDQ.

57. Emmanuel says:

Navydoc,

MEPS physical was cancelled as the 2807 form was updated and the doctor was confused about asthma paperwork.

I had childhood asthma at around 8 years old. Last time I used an inhaler was around 8. Because it was before 13, will they request all the history? I ask because I am having a hard time retrieving those records.

I took a pulmonary function test and passed that twice. A regular one and one after taking a peanut food challenge. I am awaiting word from them but It seems like the process just keeps getting delayed for me.

58. Ranee says:

Navydoc,

I have posted earlier about this, but I talked to my recruiter. I severed my VA benefits, I don’t have any hx of anxiety. per say I don’t take any medications nor was hospitalized. So, to say this my case is unique. But we have submitted my paper work two Thursday ago, meps don’t work on friday as my recruiter says. But nothing has shown yet. I have to allude the situation about my case. I am a bright candidate, but my question is…will this be dq’ed ( re-enlisting for army ) My med report is about 7 pages telling that I am fit for duty, there’s no hx nor meds.

59. ranee says:

with a re code 1 honorable discharged, ets regular. finished my active contract.

60. navydoc says:

Ranee,
    You will need to submit your VA medical records for review.

61. navydoc says:

Emmanuel,
    I cannot micromanage every issue you are having with your MEPS. Wait to see what happens.

62. Jonathan says:

Dear Navydoc

I’m currently in college right now and im considering in joining the Marine Corps, can you advise me whether this is DQ I’ll try to be extensive as I can,

I’ve been to the ER three times for minor issues since i did not have insurance at the time. The first visit was almost 3 years ago, the doctor diagnosed my issue as a tension headache and advised me to just to get Tylenol, the headache was resolved a few days later with no complications. My second visit was 2 1/2 years ago. My left side of my intestines felt tender but no pain, a doctor had diagnosed it as gastrits (which caught me off guard) issued me famotidine. The last visit was 2 weeks after the second visit as I felt worse, I went to a different hospital to get checked there. The doctor there did a blood, urine, X-ray test on me everything came out normal and diagnosed me as having constipation. I was adivised to stop taking famotidine and to change my diet, I was back to normal a month after. I did a follow up with my PCP and he stated that gastrits was a misdiagnosis, had no complications since.

I have had acne for a while now and seems it doesn’t flare up as much anymore, however I did see a dermatologist (about 5 years ago I believe) I was proscribed a cream and antibiotics to reduce the acne but no effect the months after. I couldn’t do another visit since the insurance would not cover the cost so I never went back.

A year ago I went to my PCP to get a my blood checked, the results came out normal, will this need to be reported?

My only run in with law enforcement is when was issued a citation ticket for ‘failure to pay train fare’ 2 years ago, the cost was around $75 and I paid it in full, had no trouble since.

Would any of these issues I had would get me disqualified in today’s recruiting climate.

63. navydoc says:

Jonathan,

64. Jonathan says:

Thank you for the response Navydoc, i know i still need to declare all of this to MEPS. Do you know what records i need to acquire so i can plan ahead of time?

65. Navydoc says:

Jonathan,
    You will need to annnotate the info in the 2807-2. I probably would not require any medical documents based on what you wrote. Another cmo may want you to submit the ED records.

66. Steph says:

Hello Dr.,

My son suffered a closed, stable fracture of the right C5 pedicle during the football season last year. Luckily he did not have any major damage to discs or ligaments or spinal cord. In fact, he received no treatment other than rest and ibuprofen for over a month, as the docs originally thought he just had a stinger/burner (temporary burning and weakness due to brachical plexus stretching). After having lingering pain for the next few weeks, diagnosis with MRI and CT scan revealed the pedicle fracture that wasn’t visible on standard x-rays. He was treated conservatively – had to limit his physical activity for 6 weeks while the fracture healed. The injury did not require surgery, and after finishing an 8 week course of physical therapy he was cleared to return to sport and normal activities. He has since continued with running track, playing varsity football as a linebacker, and as a state-qualifying wrestler. Which is all to say that he has indeed returned to his normal pre-injury activities and is performing at a very high level of sport.

My main question is this: do I need to tell him that a future in military service is out of the question due to the previous C5 fracture, even though it didn’t require surgery? Is there any chance of a waiver for this? I have been meticulous in collecting all medical reports, and also have a letter from his neurosurgeon stating that his injury did not require any treatment other than a period of rest, NSAIDS, and then physical therapy to rebuild strength and range of motion.

Thank you!
    -Steph

67. navydoc says:

Steph,
    I have never seen a waiver granted for a cervical spine fracture, even if no treatment was required. While I cannot predict the future state of waivers, he should have a strong Plan B.

68. Jonathan says:

As far as the ER Vistis, would the doctors or the CMO ask for documentation for the dermatologist visits on the acne? on the 2807-2 form it has questions regarding skin diseases so i dont know if they would ask for it when i get examined. Also they ask if i been to my own family doctor other than minor illnesses, i go there every other year to my blood checked, every test came out normal would they ask for documents on this? i apologize if im bothering you too much on this i really don’t want them to make a big deal out of this when im in boot camp or go for a clearance.

69. Ba says:

Hello Dr.
    I’ve been asking for some Tb test. I got positive skin test because of the vaccination that I got in Vietnam since I was a child. So I did take another Xray of my lungs and It was clear, they barely said that in the result. Then the doctor at MEPS got that, they still sent me to they Navy’s hospital to took my blood for the QuantiFERON TB GOLD. After a month, they sent my recruiter the email said that I was disqualified and just it, nothing else. They didn’t say why or what’s happened. My recruiter put me in waiver. I’m joining in the Marine Corps. What else can I do for my chance to get an approval for that :(
    Thank you !

70. alexandra says:

I had an arrest record from 3 years ago, I was never charged with the misdemeanor. I have no criminal record whatsoever. I have never even gotten a traffic ticket. today my recruiter told me that they are sending the waiver to “big navy” for a final decision.

I scored high 90s for my asvab, I am in perfect physical condition..I had my physical at meps already. I have no criminal history. Why is it such a big thing for my waiver to be approved? and if its come this far do you think I will be denied?

71. Dusty says:

Hello, navydoc!
    I have sinus arrhythmia/rhythm (depends on hospital’s opinion where I do ECG), but doctors say it’s normal. According to DoDI 6130.03 from march 30, 2018 (page 19) sinus arrhythmia is DQ. Should I be able to get a waiver, if it’s needed (SA/R doesn’t symptomatic, I believe, and finds out only through ECG)?

Alexandra,

Whenever an arrest is made, a charge is levied. Before any processing can occur, the charge(s) must be fully adjudicated. If you have an arrest with no charges yet filed, then the reason as to why no charges were filed must be obtained — an open arrest without charges does not mean charges may not still be filed.

What was the charge(s) at the time of arrest?

73. Alexandra says:

The charge was assault 3 and then dropped d/t lack of evidence. I honestly did not commit the crime, it was a he said she said and I gave the navy every shred of paperwork I ever had about it. I think eventually I got a disorderly conduct violation.

Alexandra,

Ahh, all domestic violence related offenses must be reviewed by CNRC legal — minimally, you will require a waiver if the disorderly conduct was adversely adjudicated.

Alexandra,

I am assuming it was DV related.

©Navy CyberSpace. All Rights Reserved.