MEPS Confirmation ASVAB Test Pg-8

ASVAB Confirmation Test

Written by
Published: February 20, 2009
Updated: March 3, 2020

733 Responses to “ASVAB Confirmation Test”

1. Alisha says:

I made a 55 on my PiCAT test , could you tell me what score I would have to make on the verification test to be able to continue w/ the Navy ?

Alisha,

There isn’t a score for the verification test, per se. When you take the verification test, you either do well enough on it to verify your PiCAT score or you don’t. The PiCAT and its requirements are the same for all branches, and so is the verification test. If your 55QT is verified, you can process for any of the branches; if you are not able to verify the 55QT, then you would have to take the full ASVAB (it normally follows the verification test if you do not verify your PiCAT score; the full ASVAB can also follow the verification test is you are one of the 5 percent randomly chosen for statistical purposes).

Do your best, and you should be fine.

3. Alisha says:

Okay , and thank you !

4. Chasity says:

Hi so is it a good idea for remedial math courses for the asvab portion?? I enrolled to take remedial math so it can help me prepare but I’m not sure if the course covers everything that the math portion is for the asvab.

Chasity,

The arithmetic reasoning portion of the ASVAB is maining checking your ability to read a short sentence or paragraph and decypher and solve the math problem contained therein. The mathematics knowledge portion is essentially basic algebra questions. So, if your remedial course will help with those, you should be covered.

6. Chasity says:

Okay thanks so much

7. Allie says:

Hi! I was reading these and was curious, I am set to swear into the navy this friday but i have to take a conformation test because i got a 40 last time and a 60 this time, if i get anything below the 60 will they not let me swear in?

Allie,

If you get a 50QT on your Confirmation Test, your 60QT will be confirmed and become your score of record.

9. Allie says:

And what happens if i get below a 50? DO i not get to swear in on the date i was suppose to?

Allie,

Then your 40QT will be your score of record.

11. Allie says:

thank you, i was afraid i wouldnt be able to swear in.

12. Olga says:

Do they give you the same test on retest?

Olga,

No, you will not get the same test for any retest completed within a six month period of time.

14. Jay [Last name redacted for privacy] says:

Hi, I’m so confusing about that, when I was junior high school I took the next on paper and pencil then I failed, when I was in senior in high school I take the next on paper and pencil then I failed again, last week to the meps and took it I failed it again, which means I took it 3 time in 3 years, each year I took it one. Now I have to wait six months to take it again or I can just take it next month. As I used to took it every year not every month.

Jay,

Any ASVAB test that you have taken over two years ago no longer counts when trying to determine retest eligibility; however, because you have taken the ASVAB twice in the two year period, you are not eligible to retest until six months has passed from your latest test or a minimum of two years passes from your second test (in your scenario) which would make your latest MEPS test your initial test. Confusing, yes, but your recruiter should be able to tell you your next ASVAB test eligibility date.

16. Wondering wonder says:

I took the picat for the army I scored a 53 but I didn’t qualify for the job I wanted so can I transfer my picat score to the air force.

17. Tee says:

I took the PiCAT an scored a 70 now I have to take a verification test my recruit told me I just have to make at least a 15 or higher how many questions is it an what will they test me on this time an what score will they use for me to pick my job how will I know if I did good after those 30 questions?

Are the confirmation test and verification test different which one will I be taking I took the PiCAT test for the first time last week and passed

Alisha how was the verification test I’m scheduled to take mines Monday kinda nervous.

18. Michael says:

Hey I just took the PiCAT for the National Guard & the minimum for them is a 31 & I got 35 but my recruiter said that I have to verify my score. What does he mean by that?

Wondering wonder,

Yes, your verified PiCAT score is valid for any branch of service.

Tee,

The Verification test and the Confirmation test are two completely separate tests and have nothing to do with each other. The details of the confirmation test are in the article for these comments. The PiCAT Verification Test is a short proctored test you will take to ensure the PiCAT you took at home is a reflection of your actual ability. You won’t see a score for the Verification Test; you will just either verify or not verify your PiCAT score. If you don’t score well enough on the verification test, you will be given the ASVAB.

Michael,

Because the PiCAT is taken without a proctor, and usually in the comfort of your own home, the military must verify that your PiCAT score is an actual reflection of your ability. That is why you must take the Verification Test (within 30 days of the PiCAT) to validate the score.

22. Michael says:

Oh okay thank you so much! I’m taking my verification test this Monday & I kinda feel nervous for. Any tips on what to do?

23. Tysiah says:

So I took the ASVAB at home that was given by my Recruiter and I made a 45 and I’m scheduled to go to MEPS this week to take the confirmation test. What is the lowest score I need to make to keep my score valid and to be able to swear in?

Tysiah,

You took the PiCAT test, and you will be taking the PiCAT Verification Test — it isn’t the same thing as a Confirmation Test.

You won’t get a score — you will either score well enough to verify your PiCAT score or you won’t. If you don’t, you will start the ASVAB after the verification test while at MEPS.

25. Wendell says:

Hello my son went yesterday to take the verification test I believe. After taking the test should they tell him his score? If they don’t what does that means?

Wendell,

There isn’t a “score” for the Verification Test. When an applicant completes the Verification Test, the performance on that test either verifies the PiCAT score or it doesn’t. If it did not verify the PiCAT score, then, normally, the applicant would immediately begin the full proctored ASVAB test, and the score from the proctored ASVAB would become the score of record.

His recruiter should be able to tell him what his current score of record is.

27. Marshall says:

So just out of curiosity, I took the PiCat, the one you take at home. Scored a 54 on it. Now, does that test do anything for you helping your score? Also, say you score the bare minimum of a 31, what job does that get you?! Thank you in advance.

Marshall,

The QT score is the minimum to join; for what jobs you may qualify for, that depends on the line scores you achieve. Your recruiter who registered you for the PiCAT should be able to fill you in on any other specific questions and concerns.

29. Denis says:

Hi. My first asvab score was 20, second 48. I was asking for confirmation test and I did not pass it. After 6 months I had another test and got 32 but it was invalid. I ask recruiter why it’s happened and what to do. He said he will find out next day, I called him every day but he said he still doesn’t know why and what to do. He said his boss emailed and called the main office in Salt Lake City but they did not answer to them. It passed 2 weeks after my test and my recruiter just ignores my calls. I don’t know what to do. Can you help me?

Denis,

If you waited the minimum six months to retest and your new test was invalidated, it sounds like you didn’t take the test at the MEPS? Did you take the latest ASVAB at the MEPS or a location approved by the MEPS for those who had previously taken a Confirmation Test?

31. Denis says:

Yes I retest it in Mesp but after 6 months it was in local place. My recruiter said I don’t need to go there and now he ignores me and I don’t know what to do.

Denis,

If you take an ASVAB test after a Confirmation Test, it must be taken at the MEPS or the test will be invalid. Based on what you told me, you must wait the six months from the date of your invalid retest. I assume that is why your recruiter is avoiding you. Have you called the local supervisor? Use the District link in my navigation bar, and it should provide you with a number to the local headquarters.

33. Denis says:

After 6 months I need to go to the same recruiter center or I can choose another place. Why I must wait 6 months? I rely on recruiter and it was not my fault. I just followed his instructions. I thought he knows what he is doing.

34. Denis says:

I did not call local supervisor because I was waiting for recruiter respond and i didn’t know what to do.

35. Denis says:

Why I must wait 6 months, it was not my fault. I just followed the recruiter instructions and rely on him. Can somebody help me and solve this problem. I did not contact supervisor because I didn’t know what to do and his phone number.

Denis,

If this is the reason, and not just your recruiter not following up with you, there is no provision in the regulation to do anything about it — it doesn’t matter whose fault it is. Keep trying to contact your recruiter, or, like I suggested, contact his district. There is nothing I can do for you beyond providing that suggestion.

37. sbells says:

What happens to the score i took to trigger the confirmation test? Can I use this score to get into other branches or is it now invalid.

Sbells,

If you fail the Confirmation Test, the score that was 20 or more points higher than the previous test becomes invalid for all branches of service.

39. Ana says:

Hi so on my last ASVAB I got a 27 and then I took the PICAT at a recruiting station, and I got a 53. What would I need on the confirmation test to pass? Because I am very confused

Ana,

If you had taken the ASVAB within two years of the PiCAT, you cannot use the PiCAT as a production test. The PiCAT can only be your initial ASVAB test for it to count.

41. Ana [Last name redacted for privacy] says:

Well i took the PICAT so maybe im just confused but i took the PICAT and im taking the confirmation test so what would i need on the confirmation test if i got a 53 on the PICAT?

Ana,

It sounds like you are taking the Verification Test; the test that must be taken within 30 days of taking a PiCAT. I assume when you took the test to get your 27QT that it was a high school test, and wrongly, that test was not acknowledged when the PiCAT was taken (if the ASVAB with the 27 was within two years). So, if that is correct, you must pass the Verification Test which is not the Confirmation Test. The Verification Test either verifies or doesn’t verify your PiCAT score — the Verification Test is not a test you will receive a numbered score from.

43. Jason says:

When I first took my ASVAB at school I made a 16 sadly I didn’t really care at the time for it. I got with a recruiter to join the National Guard I made 35 on it this time that’s 19 points, now I have to prepare for the PiCAT verification test my recruiter says there’s nothing I should worry about because it’s some of the same questions from my test I just took. If I recall reading your blog you said if scored 20 points or higher and I scored 19 points higher why do I have to take it then?

Jason,

The PiCAT verification test IS NOT the ASVAB Confirmation test.

45. Jason says:

Why do I have to take the verification test though even though I didn’t score 20 points higher just 19. Went from 16 to a 35 that’s 19 points.

Jason,

Because the PiCAT is not a proctored test it has an additional verification test that must be taken to prove it was you that took the PiCAt and that you did not use any aids when completing it. Everyone who takes the PiCAT MUST take the verification test within 30 days of taking it, or the PiCAT score will not count.

It has nothing to do with the Confirmation Test — the Confirmation Test is a retaking of the entire ASVAB test; the PiCAt is only a 30 minute test at the MEPS (approximately).

In reality, if you have taken the school ASVAB within the last two years, you were not supposed to be given the PiCAT test, but that is for MEPS to figure out as to why your recruiter didn’t annotate the school test you took.

47. Neisha says:

So i took the PiCAT test last year and made 50 but I went and to take verification test and didn’t past. So now my recruiter gave me the Aptitude screening test I have to make a 20 to past and I made a 63 so now do I take the confirmation test or what test do I have to take ?

Neisha,

Your comment is difficult to discern. You need to tell me the last two scores you achieved within six months of each other — any test taken more than six months ago from your last test is not used when calculating the need for a Confirmation Test. I need actual ASVAB scores and dates. ASVAB scores; not test scores that you may have taken at the recruiting office; need ones from test sites or MEPS.

49. Miranda says:

Hi, so I was told I had to take a confirmation test and that it was going to be all sections of the ASVAB put together, but less questions than the ASVAB itself. Only to find out that it’s the whole ASVAB test all over again. Am I worrying too much or should someone have warned me?

Miranda,

The ASVAB has many versions to allow for retests. The Confirmation test is a full ASVAB test — it is just a version that you have not yet taken. No worries, just do your best.

51. Elaineyanna says:

Okay so i took the ASVAB at MEPS and made a 19. A month later I took the PICAT ASVAB (The one that’s not timed) and made a 51. When i go and take my Verification/Confirmation test, what score do i need to make on the Confirmation test to make that 51 Valid ?

Elaineyanna,

If you previously took an ASVAB, you cannot take the PiCAT and have it count. They will not allow you to take the Verification Test — you must take a full production ASVAB again. The PiCAT MUST be your initial test. I am sure your recruiter gave it to you for practice and to see if bringing you to MEPS for a retest is a good idea, but I am sure he know with your prior ASVAB test, you cannot use the PiCAT.

If you score 20 points or higher on the ASVAB you must take as a retest, then you would be required to take a Confirmation Test.

53. Dylan says:

I took the ASVAB for the first time and got a 35 and took it again and got a 61 but needed to take a confirmation test bit did not pass that. So can I take a ASVAB in one month or do I have to wait 6 months. And do I have a valid ASVAB score?

Dylan,

You would have to wait six months because you have taken three full ASVAB tests within a six month period.

55. Erlin says:

So I took a practice test and got an AFQT of 88, today I took the apparently the real asvab and got an AFQT of 92, I noticed that at the bottom of the paper it said “TEST SCORES ARE INVALID” what does this mean for me? Thank you!

Erlin,

What paper? Did you take a paper version or computer version of the ASVAB? Did you take it at a MEPS? Was the test you took called the PiCAT? What did your recruiter tell you about the phrase? Have you ever tested on a production ASVAB before?

57. Erlin says:

The practice test I took it at home, the second test was given to me at a university campus, Devry University, my recruiter didn’t say anything about it being a practice test, on the screen of the computer it said CAT-ASVAB. When I was done with the test the admin printed out my scores, that’s the paper that says that my scores are invalid. So I’m
    Not sure what’s going on

Erlin,

The scores on the print out indicate what you achieved on the CAT-ASVAB; those results will be forwarded to the MEPS for validation — the printout itself can’t be used for enlistment purposes, but once they are entered into the MEPS system, you should be good to go. Did your recruiter indicate a problem?

59. Erlin says:

Awesome! he just told me he emailed MEPS because my scores were not loading, but I guess at that moment the scores had not been entered into the MEPS system, I guess at this point I just have wait but other than that, no other problems. Thanks for your help!!

60. Ibraheem. says:

My son did CAT test on home . So what he will do after that

61. Heidi says:

My daughter took the PiCET yesterday, scored a 58. Went to MEPS today expecting to take her confirmation test and everyone there was told that the computer systems were down and they made everyone that the full ASVAB. She did not pass the ASVAB today. Does that mean the 6 hours she spent yesterday taking the PiCET and the score she got in it is now null and void since they forced her to take the ASVAB???

Heidi,

If she went to MEPS and took the ASVAB on a computer, then the computer system was not down, and her Verification Test for the PiCAT would have been available. They are on the same system. If that is the case, she would have sat down and started her Verification Test; if she failed to show she was going to be successful, the system would automatically start her on the full ASVAB test. The full ASVAB test would be her score of record.

If she took a paper and pencil version of the ASVAB at MEPS, then the system was down — the score she achieved on the paper ASVAB would be her score of record.

In either case, the full ASVAB test she took at MEPS is her score of record.

Ibraheem,

Within 30 days of taking the PiCAT, he must go to MEPS and take the Verification Test.

64. Samuel says:

Hey i was wondering I took my picat and all of my line scores except pc wk were over 100 my pc and wk were i, the 90s but on the afqt it said I scored 29. Another recruiter said that it should have been higher. The picat was just fixed before i took the picat. Could it have glitched?

Samuel,

No. It isn’t likely there was a glitch.

66. SGT Brooks says:

I would like to see your score sheet because if all of your line scores are above 100, then there’s no way that your AFQT is a 29

67. Samuel says:

All except 2 which were 90 and 90 something. Send me an email and I will email the sheet to you on Tuesday. [email address redacted for privacy]

68. Samuel says:

And it was 28 not 29 sorry I hit the wrong button

69. Kiara says:

If I score 20 points higher next time I take my ASVAB will the confirmation test kick in right then or will I have to come back to take it ??

Kiara,

The Confirmation Test would be taken at a different time. Taking back to back ASVAB tests would take too long for a single sitting.

71. christopher says:

I took the PiCat test and was just short of acing the both test in electronics and mechanics MY math was a little low as was my english. My recruiter was very pleased, he then scheduled me to do a confirmation test PiCat at MEPS , However when I got there and told them what I was there for the civilian women that was setting up the computers told me that she couldn’t get the PiCat test to load and told me I had to take the regular ASVAB. MY area of college is generator mechanics and diesel mechanics with some electrical back ground. The ASVAB I took had very little mechanics and electronics and was more coding and math and actually score much lower on the ASVAB . Are they allowed to boldly lie? I watched the civilian employee and she didn’t even try to load the test! what gives? They make a big deal of wanting the best but they use trickery or boldly lie knowing you can’t challenge them. Do you have any advice ? Thanks for taking the time.

Christopher,

I have no idea what you scored on either test, but no rating or program uses only the mechanical and electronic scores to determine eligibility. Most are weighted heavily in the math (AR and MK) and English (PC and WK — VE) scores. Your ASVAB and PiCAT qualification score (the score that determines whether you can join or not) is rooted in the formula 2VE+AR+MK; the mechanical and electronic scores are not used at all in that computation. If you failed to score well enough on the ASVAB, it is likely that you would have also not scored well enough on the PiCAT Verification Test to validate the PiCAT QT score.

The ASVAb you took is the current score of record. Being that was your first test ever, you can retest in 30 days. I highly recommend that you brush up on the math and English portions because those are the portions that determine whether or not you can enlist.

73. Dillon [Last name redacted for privacy] says:

So if i fail the confirmation test I take dose that mean I fail the test completely and my score goes away or do i still get to keep my previous test score?

Dillon,

If you fail your Confirmation Test, your test score that triggered the requirement for a confirmation Test will be invalidated, and your score previous to that test will be, once again, your score of record. Your next eligible testing time is six months from the date of your Confirmation Test, and that test must be taken at the MEPS.

75. Tony says:

I do know that the verify test 99% of the time will be blown out to the full blown test so don’t let anyone like to you that it’s a short test because more than likely you will be taking the whole test over again