MEPS Confirmation ASVAB Test

ASVAB Confirmation Test

Written by
Published: February 20, 2009
Updated: March 3, 2020

For some time now I have been getting email questions regarding the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), specifically about the confirmation test and what is it about. I answered each question confidentially and tailored the answer to the individual, I will continue to do that, but those questions prompted me to put the regulation into, hopefully, an understandable way. So here it goes! (Remember, the AFQT score is what is used to indicate your aptitude for service; it is not, by itself, the score used to determine what Navy job you may qualify for – that is what the ASVAB line scores are used for.)

Confirmation testing applies to any person who was given a retest on any version of the (ASVAB) whose ASVAB score increased 20 AFQT points or more than their previous test score, and the two tests are taken within 6 months of each other, they are required to take the confirmation test. If 6 months passed from the date of the retest then the confirmation test is not required no matter what the AFQT point increase may have been. The rule applies regardless if it was an enlistment or a student ASVAB when deciding if a confirmation retest is required.

Confirmation testing cannot be given at a school or MET site, it will only be conducted in the MEPS and it is a full version containing all sections of the ASVAB.

If you fall into the above rule, and you complete a confirmation test, your AFQT from the confirmation test must be compared to the previous test. If your confirmation test AFQT is higher than the AFQT from the previous test, or the AFQT from the confirmation test does not decrease by more than half the value of the retest’s gain, then you have met the required criteria for a successful confirmation test. The results from the test that made you take the confirmation test in the first place becomes the score you will use for enlistment, not the confirmation test score.

If your confirmation ASVAB test AFQT goes down more than half of your initial point increase (retest AFQT minus previous test AFQT), you failed the Confirmation Test.

UPDATE: Per USMEPCOM Regulation 611-1, dated November 4, 2013 — effective December 4, 2013, the Confirmation Interview requirement is no longer required. The Confirmation Test is now officially a pass/fail test based on the score you achieve as defined in this post.

An example; If you got a 33 AFQT on the first test and two months later you take a retest and score a 59 AFQT. Because the test was within 6 months the 26 point increase of your AFQT will require you to take a confirmation test (unless you wait 6 more months). If on the confirmation test you scored a 45 AFQT which is 14 points less than the retest AFQT (greater than half of the 26 point increase) – you have failed the Confirmation test.

If you are required to take the Confirmation ASVAB Test, you will no longer be allowed to take the pencil and paper ASVAB tests. If you decide not to take the Confirmation Test, then after the 6 month minimum wait post the test that triggered the confirmation requirement, you may voluntarily retest at the MEPS only. Or, you may process using your last valid test score if it meets the minimum standard for the service you are applying (the score that prompted the confirmation test would not be a valid test unless you did take the confirmation test to make it valid).

The Confirmation Test process is not the same as a Verification Test process used to certify the PiCAT ASVAB.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions!

733 Responses to “ASVAB Confirmation Test”

Kerr,

The Verification Test is a short test a person would take to verify their PiCAT test. The PiCAT test is taken outside the MEPS (at home for instance). If a person does not take their Verification Test within 30 days of completing the PiCAT, their score achieved cannot be verified and the result would not be allowed to be used for enlistment. The PiCAT can only be taken once, and it MUST be the first ASVAB in the applicant’s history.

The Confirmation Test is fully described in the article that you read to pose this question.

2. Peggy says:

I took the asvab test at MEPs 2018 and failed it, but I took it again 2019 and pass. Will I be able to use my passing score to join the navy

Peggy,

Only the last ASVAB test you have taken, unless you required a Confirmation Test, is your score of record. If you did require a Confirmation Test and failed to confirm the latest ASVAB you had taken, then your score of record would revert back to the ASVAB test taken before the test that triggered the confirmation requirement.

No matter what, you do not get to choose which score you can use.

4. Peggy says:

Well the second test I took wasn’t from MEPs, I took it at job Corp so they said I’ve to wait till the one I took at MEPs expired

Peggy,

All ASVAB tests are administered and graded through the MEPS. Including those taken at a high school or Job Corps.

6. Peggy says:

7. Johh says:

I took my asvab in May and failed… I took it in November and my score went 20 points over. Would I have to take a confirmation test?

John,

It depends. For example, if you took your first ASVAB on May 6th, and the next one on November 5th, then you would need a Confirmation Test. If the dates were switched, May 5th and Nov. 6th, then you would not require one.

9. Abdu says:

Hi there just have a question. I took my asvab when i was processing for the army back in a july 2019 unfortunately didn’t pass i scored 16 on it.so currently i was working with a navy recruiter to schedule me for meps to take the test Again and they were telling me that I’ll be required to take the confirmation test if i score 20+point from my last score.However it’s over six months since i took my last asvab and they keep telling me that No matter what it’s required if i score 20+points and i was wondering if that’s true or not? Does swapping branch impact the applicant to take the confirmation test? Cause i was first processing for the army and now for the navy. I’ll be taking the test on march 11.

Abdu,

Ask them to refer to page 31 of USMEPCOM Regulation 611-1. That regulation is the guidance for enlisted testing. The information in my article remains accurate as the regulation states, “If an applicant’s most recent test score is 20 AFQT points or more than their previous test score (critical gain), and the two tests are within 6 months of each other, the applicant is required to complete a confirmation test to confirm the critical gain is indicative to their true ability.”

You could score a 99QT on your next test, and based on the date you took your last test, you would not require a Confirmation Test.

11. Abdu says:

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll let my recruiter know.i was suppose to take the test last week i went down to meps and for some reason they couldn’t find my name tag (my recruiter uploaded all of my documents to schedule me for meps but whoever the person that’s responsible for scheduling at meps didn’t do their job).so we ended up scheduling for another day to take the test.

I got one more question for you

When the meps people schedule me for the test do they compare the day that I’ll be taking the test to my previous test date? If they do they might become aware that i took the test 6+months ago so that way they don’t require me to take the confirmation one. I’ll keep try to convince my recruiter but if she keep saying the same thing then I’m gonna have to take the confirmation test.

Abdu,

Your recruiter has nothing to do with the Confirmation Test — a recruiter does not dictate when one is required. It is a completely automated system — the computer knows your last test date and what you scored; if your next test is after six months, it will not require a Confirmation Test even if your recruiter thinks it should — and they won’t give one even if the recruiter for some strange reason wants one.

13. Emmanuel says:

How is that possible? I took the ASVAB failed twice now I’m retest soon after the 6months wait. Will I still take the full ASVAB ?

Emmanuel,

Is what possible?

Yes, any retest would be another full version of the ASVAB.

15. Emmanuel says:

Because someone just commented saying about confirmation test after d 6months long wait and also does assembly object counts on d AFQT score?

Emmanuel,

No, assembling objects is not used when calculating the ASVAB AFQT.

17. Emmanuel says:

So why do they have d section for Assembly Object

Emmanuel,

Read the page I have linked to in my previous comment. The AFQT only determines whether or not you can join; the individual line scores determine what jobs you can do.

19. Emmanuel says:

So let’s say you with Navy recruiter and you took the ASVAB test and pass can you decided to switch to the Active duty

20. Bhavish says:

So I just took the PICAT exam from my understanding is when passed I take the verification exam and normally I’m a nervous test taker so what if I pass the exam but at a lower score will I still take the full ASVAB or will I continue on but with a lower score.

Bhavish,

The PiCAT Verification Test does not produce a score like the ASVAB Confirmation Test does. The Verification Test only verifies the score you achieved on the PiCAT was a reflection of your work. If you pass the Verification test, then the PiCAT score stands — if not, your PiCAT score would not be valid and you would have to take the ASVAB to attempt a qualifying score for enlistment.

22. Junior says:

Can I join without taken the confirmation test after 6 month ?

what others choices I have with out taken the confirmation test ?

Junior,

After six months, you must retake the ASVAB at the MEPS if you did not take your Confirmation Test.

24. Devonte says:

Do I have to take the asvab confirmation test if I switch branches?
    For an example, if my branch is the Navy; I got a 38 on the asvab and I was required to take the confirmation test in 10 days, if i switch from the Navy to the Army in those 10 days; would the Army require it?

Devonte,

The ASVAB is not service specific. If MEPS says you need a Confirmation Test after taking the test for the Navy, then you need a confirmation test no matter what branch you process for.

26. Syed says:

Please help me, I am so confused. I live in NYC. I took the picat test from my home. After that I met with my recruiter and fill up some forms for process to meps. At the time I asked what kind of test I have to take at meps, he said Asvab. But I talked about verification test but he ignored. Also he want me to write a letter officially, why I joint in military? Can you explain anyone please. I am so confused.

Syed,

Many recruiters use the PiCAT as a practice test for the ASVAB; their thinking is you learn from the PiCAT, and then do even better on the ASVAB. It is not what the PiCAT was designed for, but sometimes that is how it is used.

28. CJ says:

Okay , I am completely confused , this question may clear up a lot for the lost ones out there. I took my ASVAB the first time, scored a low 25, took it the second time my recruiter told me I scored 20+ points higher and that I had to take ANOTHER test (confirmation of course). I was confused at first, this chat gave me a little insight. But my recruiter is telling my that the Confirmation Test is like the Verification Test. 30 questions & 30 minutes to do them. I’ve seen in the this chat, “It’s a full version of the asvab”, so what is it really. A full version of the asvab ? Or 30 questions? (ASVAB Confirmation Test).

CJ,

According to the latest version (released, January 10, 2019) of USMEPCOM Regulation 611-1, Personnel Selection and Classification Enlistment Qualification Tests;

“b. Confirmation testing applies to applicants who were administered retests on any form of the ASVAB within 6 months of their previous test. There is no distinction between enlistment and student ASVAB when deciding if a confirmation retest is required. Confirmation testing will be conducted in the MEPS (see Chapter 6 for further guidance pertaining to the Honolulu MET sites). The confirmation test score will not be used as the score of record for enlistment. The confirmation test will be administered as a complete test.

30. CJ says:

So is it another full version of the ASVAB or just 30 Questions with all sections ?

CJ,

I thought the bolded statement, “The confirmation test will be administered as a complete test.” made it clear it was a full version of the ASVAB. My apologies.

32. CJ says:

????Sorry good sir, these recruiter’s just be lying to me so I like to 2nd question. My apologies, Thankyou for the information and clearing this up for me.

33. THS says:

Took the ASVAB, and failed it, never got any details as to where I needed the additional work. I studied for a month, with tutors and 30 days later took it again. I was told I got 20+ points higher, but my recruiter says he doesn’t have a score to give me. He says I must take a confirmation test, recruiter says they think I cheated. 4 days later I take the confirmation test at Meps, and a day later I get the score from the test that triggered the confirmation (i passed), and was given probable a boot camp date. I was happy I passed, but after thinking It over, I realized my new score didn’t qualify me for the JOB I wanted. I decided I would take the test in 30 days, now that had a exact idea of the areas that I needed to work on to improve my overall score. But, when I spoke with my recruiter he told me that I would have to wait for six months to take another ASVAB. I was sure I had another chance before having to wait six months, but the recruiter said the confirmation test was counted as of my tries. I felt cheated. How could this test count bad an actual test when the score doesn’t even count, and I’m obligated to take the test or forces to wait six months. I feel like I am being punished for working hard and preparing for the retake ASVAB and doing well. I’m what are my options!?!

THS,

You do have to wait six months from the date of the Confirmation Test before you can take another retest. A Confirmation Test is given to confirm the point increase from the first test to the retest was a true picture of your ability. It isn’t a test given because they thought you cheated; if they actually had that belief, it would be based on much more than a score increase — they would not have given you a Confirmation Test; they would have immediately invalidated the test, and would make you wait six months with all future testing having to be completed at the MEPS.

35. Josh says:

I took my ASVAB already with a recruiter went to MEPS and took a confirmation test then I got disqualified for a scar I had so I didn’t get to chose my job but sense then I’ve became interested in a job that my score isn’t high enough for so would I be able to retest even after taking a confirmation test at MEPS and going through all the initial paperwork

Josh,

As long as you are not in DEP, you can retake the ASVAB six months after the date of your Confirmation test.

37. CJ says:

Pass the ASVAB the first time , don’t think “hey I got a second time, and maybe even a third time if I don’t pass”…. NO, pass the first time, it will make your life sooo much easier trust me , I’ve went through all 3 and it was such a hassle , took months on end , I probably could’ve been in by now if I passed the first time but hey, it is what it is. Moral of the story , pass the first time, get that tutor and study hard the first time, because if you fail the first time, and go crazy studying the 2nd time and pass you gotta take a confirmation test (weird but…). That confirmation test isn’t what it seems , it has way more questions on each section than it did the first 2 and the time frames are different. There are way more questions and if you are only prepared for those 15 … I don’t know what to say. My recruiter never hit me back regarding my scores after my confirmation test. Each day I woke up I was on the edge of my seat awaiting that “Hey , congrats you passed”. Well it didn’t end that way, and after the first week my hope kinda died down anyway. Hey texted me instead of calling me regarding my scores .. hence what I said , my heart sunk when he told me I didn’t pass. I asked by how many points I was off or what score did I get. He couldn’t supply me with an answer which was weird because they have to tell you your score. So I felt like it was a sign , like I wasn’t even suppose to be going to the military. A lot of people I know HATE the military and that’s with a passion. The whole time i’m going through the process, I’m just thinking of leaving , and I was trying to get shipped out fast . But hey, things are going to change and if they do just go with the flow. Because your life is already written out in stone for you, everything & every bodies is. Time is going to keep ticking and is going to keep moving regardless , and if your not in that state “Hey , no biggy” and brush it off, then it’s going to be tough. Lol moral of the story , pass the first time , and things will go a lot smoother for you ! Trust me …

38. JHANNEN says:

HI , I WANT TO KNOW IF THE VERIFICATION TEST HAS THE SAME QUESTIONS AS THE 3 HOUR TEST THAT I TOOK ?

Jhannen,

The Verification test is a short test taken to verify a PiCAT score. The questions are not the same. The article you posted to is about the Confirmation Test; it is a complete retaking of the ASVAB, and it is used for the reasons stated clearly in the article.

40. Michael G says:

Hey so I took the AVAB the first time I panic scored a 13 in 30 minutes my ma was upset that I didn’t stay to take the test I froze so I was told I could retest I waited 30 days but I waited like 30 plus days took the second test both times at the MEPS place located in Chicago Illinois each time my ma took me and patiently waited the second time I tested scored a 33 I am 18 just getting out of high school 2020 a hard year so I got in the car United States Airforce didn’t score high enough so several months go by United States Marines Corp reached out to me I’m so excited did everything they asked but bad knews hit I have to retake the test cause I failed the first time and pass the second time what do I do what test is next please can someone help me thanks. I just want to join the service.

Michael G.,

Your 33QT score would not have been confirmed if you didn’t take and pass the Confirmation test within 6 months, so it was invalidated (I am assuming six month has passed). So, now, you must retake the ASVAB at MEPS. If six months hasn’t passed since your test that resulted in the 33, then you must go to MEPS and take a Confirmation Test — if you pass the Confirmation Test, then it would validate the 33QT. Either way, you have another ASVAB test to take.

42. Ann says:

I scored 26, then 2 months later 55. During confirmation the test glitched as I was starting Ar. The proctor put in code but it skipped entire section. It said AR completed and just went to next section. I told proctor I didn’t do it, he said maybe u don’t need to, just go on with the test. Anyway, I said how will I get 41 without that section? I told my recruiter after the test and he said we have to wait for your scores. I told him that I didn’t do that entire section there is no way I could pass the confirmation. He told me they gave him the AR scores over the phone- they were 24??? How could they be 24, I didn’t answer one question, not even the example. He said he is going to complete paperwork for an appeal. What does that mean? How long will it take? Has this happened before? Will I have to wait 6 months to retest?

Ann,

Unless MEPS determines there was an issue and approves an exception to policy, you will have to wait six months to retest.

44. Daniel says:

Hi! i tried looking all over the blog to seek answer but seems like i could not, but I took the asvab test around august 2019 and scored 32 for the navy.. and this year of 2021 January. I retest to be eligible for the Airforce and scored a 64! the bottom of the paper says Invalid.. is that normal? The recruiter have not said anything about it yet. Thank you!

Daniel,

You would have to ask your recruiter if there is an issue. Was the 32 you scored back in 2019 the first and only test you had ever taken previously? Did you require a Confirmation Test back in 2019, but didn’t take it? Did you take the test this month at the MEPS or a local testing site?

46. Daniel says:

Hi! thank you for answering. I actually took the asvab 3 times in 5 years. one was from 2015 scored a 40 and eventually just went to college. then August 2019 scored a 32. and that’s from the navy. did not have to do confirmation since i even did physical and all and was in DEP program waiting for so long and no any new recruiters tried helping me. so i went airforce. Took the test January 7,2021 scored a 64. and all those times i only took the test at MEPS. actually just got ahold of the recruiter and he’s new to the station. recruiter said the Score did reflect in there system already and it is indeed 64. i guess, i just wanted confirmation it might have said invalid but it is valid? Thank you so much NCCM!

47. ben says:

am i required to pass the confirmation test higher than my previous test? my score(72)? it was from 24-72. i’m confused

Ben,

You need at least a 49QT on the Confirmation Test to validate the 72QT.

49. Rebecca says:

My son did his 6 month wait after initially scoring a 24, a retest of 52 and confirmation of 32…. he studied like crazy gets a 68. The test paper says valid he sits down to pick his job and then the recruiters phone rings. MEPS says “there’s a glitch in the system. He needs a other confirmation test for the 68” how could this be when he was told that if he waited the 6 months his test scores would be wiped clean and the 6 month wait test would be a stand alone test. Basically if he got a passing score he would be good to go?? The recruiter then texts us after we leave the office feeling so confused and down saying “will pick job on Tuesday” we asked three times so “is the test good and it’s all been fixed?” But the question wasn’t answered. Can you pick a job without the confirmation test being done? We are so confused by all this.

Rebecca,

I have no idea what specific issue there is with the latest ASVAB. Waiting six months does not make the following test an Initial ASVAB; it is a retest. ASVAB scores don’t drop off from the testing record until two years has passed from the date of the individual exam. For an ASVAB to count as an Initial test, all previous ASVAB test would have had to been more than two years ago.

That said, and this is my best guess, is that when he took the retest and achieved the 68QT, he didn’t take the test at the MEPS which is required after failing to confirm the 52QT when he scored the 32QT. From USMEPCOM Regulation 611-1 “Enlistment Qualification Tests”, pg. 34:

3-17. Post Confirmation Test Actions
    All retests after a confirmation test are to be given in the MEPS using CAT-ASVAB for applicants meeting any one of the two conditions listed below.

a. All subsequent retests following a C-Test failure.

For MEPS to allow the retest score of 68 in such a case, they would have to approve an exception to policy. I do now know the likelihood of a MEPS approving such a request. It could be that his recruiter was told the exception was requested, but they haven’t heard back yet as to why he has not responded? Again, this is a guess. The Confirmation Test is not something a recruiter sees very often if even ever.

If he did take the 68 at the MEPS using the CAT-ASVAB, then it may have been a processing error that MEPS could possibly rectify.

Hope this helps.

51. Alexander v says:

Hey! So I was on my 6 month wait to retest for the asvab. My eligible retest day was March 3 2021, and tested that same day. My previous test day was September 3rd 2020. When I tested in March 3rd 2021 I scored a 62, and I had to take a confirmation test the next day and scored a 33. I heard that i didn’t need to take a confirmation test if it’s been 6 months so I’m confused as to why they have given me one… anyways they did not let me process because apparently the 33 is a failing confirmation score. Is there a way to keep my 62? Or 33? Since it’s been 6 months is it my recruiters fault? Or MEPS fault? I’m very confused.. is there an exception to policy to let me keep one of those scores since it’s not my fault… I’m also confused because another applicant scored an 80, and on her confirmation test she got a 32 and got to keep her score… it makes no sense!!! Then another applicant said they let her keep her score without taking a confirmation test because the system was down. I think different meps work differently… anyways someome please help me !

Alexander v,

Have you ever in the past required a Confirmation Test? What was the test score from Sep 3rd? Was it a PiCAT test? If so, did you take a following Verification Test? Either way, your recruiter can pull your test history.

Your belief that someone got an 80 on a retest which triggered a Confirmation Test that only required a 32 to confirm the score is impossible. And, no, each MEPS does not work differently.

53. Edison R says:

I took the asvab three times on the first i got 12, the second i got 4 and the third I passed the asvab with 32 and I had to take the confirmation test I got 15 in that case I know that I was missing three points 3 points they can give you those 3 points to be able to enlist, In the branch that I am doing the process is with the army.

Edison R.,

There isn’t a score waiver available for the Confirmation Test. It is a straight pass/fail exam. The only person that could provide an exception is the Army’s Manpower Accessions Policy Working Group (MAPWG) member who works at MEPCOM. For that person to even consider it, they must show a gross discrepancy in the process. Based on what you wrote, no such discrepancy exists.

Hopefully, in six month you will be able to achieve a qualifying score. Remember, your next ASVAB MUST be taken at the MEPS using the CAT-ASVAB or the score will be invalidated (ensure your recruiter doesn’t take you to test at a location outside the MEPS).

55. Trent says:

Good Evening NCCM(ret),

My son took the ASVAB for the for the Air Force for the 1st time back in Dec/ 2020 and scored a 28, of which he had to score a 31 or more. He then waited up until Jan/ 2021 (30 Days), of which I don’t really think he tried and scored a 19. Both times he was residing in Va. Beach. So I moved him in with me in March/ 2020, I told him is only job was to study for the ASVAB, but this time I took him to a ARMY recruiter, because it was much closer than traveling 2.5 hours to get to a Air Force recruiter at the time. At the ARMY recruiters office the SSG seems genuine, talked to my son about what all the ARMY offers, of which perked my sons interest. He had his mind set on the Cyber – Security world. So May 19th rolled around to take the ASVAB, which he did, I thought usually you get your test results right after the exam, same as he did the 1st and 2nd time he took the test. I called the SSG and asked what was the delay, he told me that my son had to comeback and take a confirmation test. I asked what is a confirmation test and why, the SSG went on about something in the area of testing him to see if he can score either near, the same or above what he made on the ASVAB the day before. My question to SSG was that, what did he score on the test that subject him to taking a confirmation test. Again I got the run around about my sons overall ASVAB test score. The SSG told both me and my son, regardless of whatever he makes on the confirmation test, his ASVAB score that he passed with will stand. He finally cameback and told me. that the reason for the confirmation test, was because the last time my son took the test in Jan/2021. he scored a 19, and since he did much better on the ASVAB test he took in the month of May/ 2021 almost 5mos later is the reason for the confirmation test. Anyway after my son memory dump on the actual test, he came back the next day and took the confirmation test. the SSG text my son and told him, I quote ” Hey bad news the MEPS said it’s not loading cause you failed the confirmation test they won’t tell me the score but trying to if my 1SG can send a waiver up for it”unquote. Master Chief, If you had already told me the confirmation test doesn’t really matter, and that MEPS is down, how is it that you know that my son has failed! I could care less about the confirmation, I would like to know his overall ASVAB that he studied so hard for, and I’m sure he did a good job on. I do feel that my son is going to end up getting screwed over, forced to wait 6mos, and retake the test. My boy is trying to start the next chapter in his life, and they’re holding him back. They took his thumb print, his ID, and a photo of him prior to sitting and taking the actual ASVAB, and the test was proctored. I just want to know his score. You’re the recruiter, the first line of information about any and all of the ASVAB/ Score, so why now is it he can’t provide my son with his score, after failing a confirmation test, even he himself doesn’t know the outcome of. Is there any other way of finding out my son’s test score other than the recruiter, of so please advise. Thank You

V/r
    IT1 SW/AW(ret)

Trent,

To trigger the Confirmation Test, your son scored at least 20 points higher than the 19 scored in Jan. I have no idea why the recruiter doesn’t know his scores. That said, your son should be able to get a record of his tests. I recommend that he contact USMEPCOM’s FOIA, either by phone, (847)688-3680 ext. 7182; or email (https://www.mepcom.army.mil/Contact/), to follow their procedures to get a copy of his records. I would recommend that he request all the testing dates, test versions, and the scores achieved (QT scores plus the line scores). Having the score information will not change his current position, but at least he’d know. Ultimately, he will have to wait the minimum six months from the date of his Confirmation Test. Ensure when that day comes, that he is testing at the MEPS, and not a local testing site.

57. Mary says:

I took my asvab in April 21st 2002, and scored a 26 would i have to take a confirmation test even if I wait 6 months to take the retest ? For example say i take the retest November 3rd, would it require a comfirmation test to validate my score.

Mary,

I assume the 2002 is a typo, but it doesn’t matter. If you retest the ASVAB within 6 months of your last test and score 20 points higher, you require a Confirmation Test. If you score less than 20 points higher, you don’t require a Confirmation Test. If you retest after six months has passed from your last test, it doesn’t matter what you score — a Confirmation Test would not be triggered even if you scored 50 points higher.