Please, Help Us Find ADC Williams

A Chief Petty Officer is Missing

Written by
Published: June 2, 2013
Updated: July 30, 2015

Update: On 27 July 2015, searchers found the body of a male in the woods near the Avenues Mall; on 29 July 2015, according to Vanessa Williams, Kevin’s wife, NCIS and the local sheriff’s office confirmed the body found was that of her husband.

A Chief Petty Officer has gone missing, and we need your help in locating him. Aviation Machinist’s Mate Chief Kevin Williams was last seen the afternoon of May 28th at the Kangaroo gas station on Phillips Hwy close to the Wal-Mart in Jacksonville, Florida wearing his Navy blue camouflage uniform.

Chief Williams, on active duty serving as a Navy Recruiter for NRD Jacksonville, has been officially listed as a missing person by the Jacksonville, Florida Sheriff’s Office. Chief Williams’ disappearance is completely out of character. The police are asking for assistance from the public in locating him.

ADC Kevin Williams

Anyone who may know Chief Williams’ location, or if you even suspect you may know anything at all related to this case, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at (904)630-0500.

103 Responses to “A Chief Petty Officer is Missing”

1. AMwife says:

PG,

A group went around the complex on a Saturday and this past Thursday we went through the complex again (during the time he would have gotten there). The police say they do not believe his wife had anything tondo with his disappearance. I understand the police may be keeping secrets. However, there is proof he was at the gas station and because the government phone was in Vanessa’s car – the GPS (in all government phones) shows she never went to the kangaroo.

There is a Facebook page now – Missing Our Chief Kevin Williams. Updates will be posted and volunteer opportunities will be added.

Today of all days we are holding onto hope as well.

2. PGinMD says:

Very happy GPS worked out to help her.

3. Stan S. says:

Happy Farther’s Day Nr Williams :)

4. JInnie says:

I wish there was a way to bring this to the top of the page. Next Friday the 28th of June, will be the one month mark of his disappearance. Please join us in a candlelight vigil to keep hope in finding Kevin and bringing him home safely. Please help spread the word for this event. Thank you!!!

5. Vanessa Williams says:

Thanks to every one who has help and support us through this most painful ordeal in our lives, no amount of words can’t express how i feel inside, since my wonderful husband and the best daddy ever went missing. We miss him very very much and we love him infinity. We would never give up on him. Please help spread the word for this event for our chief Kevin Williams [Facebook page]

If you can help in anyway please sign this petition.

6. Stan S. says:

I want to day a prayer for Chief Williams. Hope you’re ok out there. Let us pray.

7. Stan S. says:

About to go to church. Saying a prayer for Kevin :)

8. PGinMD says:

I am hoping someone is still monitoring this.
    We are looking for information about Navy personal were told not to talk to Vanessa. That has left her with the feeling that the Navy is controlling person relationships. Why after all this time, can’t these people reach out to her now?
    And have you heard anything about NCIS working on this case or have they pushed it aside?
    Thank you.

9. Stan S. says:

Going to keep this story going :). I pray that chief is doing okay. Where ever he’s at.

10. Stan S. says:

Is everyone keeping up on this?

Stan S.,

I have heard no additional information. I continue to pray for his safe return.

12. Vanessa Williams says:

thank you guys for all your prayers! my husband is still missing, no updates with his case from JSO or the Navy. Its like he has been forgotten:(

13. PGinMD says:

Dear NCCM,
    I would like to know why Mrs. Williams can not talk to her husband Navy friends and co-workers? She has not committed any crime, and yet her Navy family has turned their backs against her.

Why does the Navy call him MIA when he is missing, possibly against his will? He has given 15 years of his life to the Navy. Why haven’t they just taken the case now or when he was first reported missing?
    Many of us wonder these points. Please answer these or direct us to someone who does know these answers.

14. PGinMD says:

Mrs. Williams has not committed any crime, and yet her Navy family has turned their backs against her.

15. Stan S. says:

This is crazy. Chief where are you? Come back :, ( He might be gone but he’s not forgotten.

16. Ise says:

Come home soon man or call your family or friends

17. Phelps says:

Any updates? Just heard about it.

18. AMwife says:

Chief Williams is still missing. For updates please go to Facebook and find “Missing Our Chief Kevin Williams” or “Missing Sailor Chief Kevin Williams”.

19. Stan S. says:

Still praying for you chief. We all miss you.

20. janm says:

this may be way out on a limb, but have they tried to connect his disappearance to similar disappearances. I think someone may have tricked him into going with them. DO you suppose his disappearance is similar to the disappearances of terrance williams and a hispanic man that now are being connected to a former police officer who was fired for lying about the cases. Mr.J Williams would of been a tough one to abduct but he would of went with someone posing as a police officer.

21. cassey says:

[email protected], where did you acquire those sources. and why do you think these are connected? those 2 people you mentioned went missing almost 10 years before mr williams.

22. Vanessa Williams says:

My husband being missing to us is such a nightmare that no one should have to go through:((…I read all these blogs and all these comments and although I wouldn’t want anyone else to feel this pain, I wish it was not our story. Its been 8 months and 16 days of pain and hurt. Our whole family has been destroy. I am going to have a life time of pain, but most of all our kids has to take on this burden for the rest of their life’s as it will never ever go away. We all will learn to live with it, but there is no known cure for this kind of pain. I can say today with out any doubt in my mind that my husband is missing to us, but not to his relatives, so they would not understand the pain, as they have never had a missing love one. They knew where he was, from they beginning of him being missing. And even knowing where my husband is, they still went on to different sites and made horrible comments about me killing him, and our son…and talking bad about me, a person who they don’t even know. its never gets easy knowing that their is people like this existing in this world. His Mother said, if my son had blond hair and green eyes they (referring to law enforcement and the Navy) would have look for him. Even though she knows where he is. Its hard giving so much of my self for 15 years and 18 years of friendship, to feel this much hurt. But if I had to do it all over again I would do it all over again, for the man I know my husband to be. I just want some closure for me and the kids. To my husband: if you have your own free will and able to read this, you don’t even have to tell us why, all we want from you our love is closure, of knowing. We deserve this. if this is not your own free will we pray that you stay safe as you can until it all come to light. Either way we love and miss you today and always. Vanessa Jamal n Journi <3

23. Vanessa Williams says:

CPO William’s Facebook Page

Vanessa,

There is not a day that goes by that I don’t pray for his safe return. Our hearts go out to you and your family.

25. Killick Vison/Brian Murza says:

”WE”, are more than precisely ”WAITING FOR YOUR SAFE AND IMMEDIATE RETURN”; ”SIR”!!! ”WE”, more than precisely are ”ALL” thinking of ”YOU”-”CHIEF PETTY OFFICER WILLIAMS, SIR”!!! ”WITH GOD’S SPEED”:

Killick Vison/Brian Murza-R33984777, W.W.II Naval Researcher/Author, Military Protocol Analyst, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

26. Jessica says:

Anything new on his disappearance?

Jessica,

Sadly, I have not heard anything new. I continue to pray for his safe return.

Our deepest condolences to the family — you have been, and continue to be, in our thoughts and prayers. May Kevin rest in eternal peace. Fair winds and following seas, Brother.