Published: March 8th, 2011
Updated: October 20, 2014
Qualified Navy Information Technology professionals are encouraged to apply for an IT position presented by ServiceMaster. ServiceMaster is headquartered in Memphis, TN – its best-known brands include Merry Maids, Terminix, and TruGreen LawnCare.
The following information is provided by MAXOutreach™
Under direct supervision IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing medium to large size projects composed of Project Analysts, IS department personnel, and contract resources. The Project Manager will collaborate closely with the business units and other IT COE functions to plan and deliver assigned projects.
1. Effectively builds and tracks project plans using approved artifacts, including schedules, resources, deliverables, milestones, and critical path.
2. Manage interdependencies from other departments, division, and suppliers within their work effort.
3. Create Work Breakdown Structure and Statement of Work (WBS/SOW) and SWOT analysis.
4. Escalate handling of deliverables that are out of scope that must be addressed for a successful work effort.
5. Communicate the work effort phase status and deliverables (i.e., solution design, estimates, and identified risks) to project sponsors for their awareness and approval.
6. Identify and manage risk and mitigation activities associated with the work effort.
7. Capture and document lessons learned for project knowledge repository.
• ServiceMaster Objectives
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientations/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field, with 2 or more years of experience in IT project based environment, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
• At least 1 year with proven ability to perform Project Management responsibilities defined above.
• Professional experience in solving quality and testing issues, test case document organization, tools, and procedures.
• Preferred general understanding of application development life cycle and methodologies and relevant technologies.
• Strong organizational and teaming ability with a track record of coordinating activities and people and achieving challenging objectives.
• Require strong communication skills and the ability to understand and simplify complex material.
• General understanding of application development life cycle and methodologies and internet/intranet technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• An ability to quickly recognize solutions to arising issues
• A drive to meet SLA’s and develop metrics that ensure that SLAs are met
• An ability to identify and leverage department resources to accomplish goals
• Performance-based enterprise and strategic thinker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work collaboratively cross functionally
Click here to apply (No compensation is received by Navy CyberSpace for this posting – it is only posted to benefit our Veterans.)
Read Comments (0)