Beware of Latest Military Email Scam

Military Email Spam Scam

Well, how low can you go. I am now starting to receive emails which put a different twist on the Nigerian scam – now they seem to be using U.S. military personnel. Shame!!

Here is the latest email I received;

I am in the Engineering military unit here in Ba’qubah in Iraq, we have some amount of funds that we want to move out of the country. My partners and I need a good partner someone we can trust. to receive this funds on our behalf. We are moving it through Diplomatic means, to send it to your house directly. Once the funds get to you, you take your 30% out and keep our own 70%.
Regards,
Sgt.Charles Berry.

Remember, even at the off chance the person who sent you was an actual service member what they are suggesting is illegal!

Do not respond to these crooks, they will attempt to get your account information and clean you out!!

8 Responses to “Military Email Spam Scam”

1. Rene Hodgdon says:

I received an email from what appears to be a military email account asking me to assist a military member in finding a house to purchase. They offer to send money to my account to complete the purchase for them.

This is how the email address appeared at first…

sgt.aguayo.h.h.[at]us.army.mil

Once the email was opened the true address was revealed to be…

root[at]rahu.tvcca.org
  2. Stephanie Wiley says:

I just received this message in my junk box. I thought I would pass this along. Just another scam!!!!

Hello Friend,

I hope my email meets you well. I am in need of your assistance. My nameis SGT Henning Hansen. I am in the Engineering military unit here inBa’qubah in Iraq,we have some amount of funds that we want to move out ofthe country. My partners and I need a good partner someone we can trust. It is oilmoney and legal.Basically since we are working for the government wecannot keep these funds, but we want to transfer and move the funds toyou, so that you can keep it for us in your safe account or an offshoreaccount. But we are moving it through Diplomatic means, to send it to your housedirectly or a bank of your choice using Diplomatic Courier Service. The most important thing is that can we trust you? Once the funds get toyou, you take your 30% out and keep our own 70%. Your own part of thisdeal is to find a safe place where the funds can be sent to. Our own partis sending it to you.If you are interested i will furnish you with moredetails. But the whole process is simple and we must keep a low profile at all times. This business is risk free. Regards, SGT.Hansen

3. NCCM(ret) says:

Stephanie,

It never ceases to amaze me at the depths these idiots will stoop.

4. Jennifer says:

See below this is what I recieved today in my inbox another scam but address don’t change once you open.

From: Col.Brian Smith-Dutton [mailto:briansmith.dutton@army.mil]
    Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 12:38 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: US MILITARY IN AFGHANISTAN.

Hi My Friend,

I am Brian Smith-Dutton, Commander of the,3rd HBCT/ 3ID Peace keeping force deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan from Iraq.Can you be trusted?

I have some important items to ship to you, get back to me for more information through my private mail(colbriansmithdutton@yahoo.com.hk).I will explain further when i get a response from you.

Respectfully,

Brian Smith-Dutton
    US 3rd HBCT Corps. Kabul

Jennifer,

Yup, that is a scam — thank you for posting it!

6. Jennifer [Last name redacted for privacy] says:

I received the same email this morning and it sickened me to my stomach, my father was a Vietnam Veteran and to think that there are people out there who are pretending to be active service men to scam people… like I said before – it sickened me. [I've copied the offending email below]:

Hi My Friend,

I have some important items to ship to you, get back to me for more information through my private mail(briansmith.dutton@yahoo.com).I will explain further when i get a response from you.

Respectfully,

Brian Smith-Dutton

US 3rd HBCT Corps. Kabul

7. CPT H says:

NEW-Same scam:”Col Carl Smith ”
    ___________________________________________

Carl Smith (carlsmith200012@yahoo.co.jp)
    Sent:
    Thu 1/09/14 12:04 AM

To:
    Sir/Madam.

My name is Col Carl Smith; I am an American soldier, serving in the military with the army’s 4th Battalion, 64th Armored Regiment. I need your assistance,

I have summed up courage to contact you. As far as my situation here is concern reaching out via this medium is personally considered safest and the cheapest means of reaching out to you from the U.S.Military base here in the Middle East.

From all indications you are God sent, with the way and how lucky I was to get
    your e-mail contact address from the U.S. military base library address journal through my online search just a few minutes ago.

I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of (US$22MILLION) to you, as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in Afghanistan. This money was discovered in Iraq in 2003, and the above mentioned amount was given to me as my personal share by my battalion, which includes (Staff Sgt.Kenneth Buff & Sgt.Van Daniel Ess).

The amount (US$22MILLION) was part of money we got when we were in Iraq. Please visit any of the bellow website http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm and

{spam URL}

With the speculated troop withdrawal by president Obama, I want to move this
    money to you for safe keeping pending the completion of my assignment in Afghanistan.

But, my question is ‘CAN I TRUST YOU”?. You will be rewarded with 40% of this
    fund for your help. Please respond to personal E-mail ID for further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Col Carl Smith

8. Dee. says:

Similiar scam, “trunk boxes” instead of money. See below.

Subject:

RE: GREETINGS FROM SGT. PYROS, US ARMY.

From:

SGT. PYROS STEPHANE (email address removed)

Date:

Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:09 AM

Greetings;

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner; I found your name listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce directory here in Iraq, I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in business. I only pray this time that your address is still valid. I want to solicit your attention to receive money on my behalf.

I am Sgt. Pyros Stephan, officer from US Army; i am one of the U.S. Army deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in 2003, and also a West Point Graduate presently serving in the Military with the 82nd Air Borne Division Peace keeping force in Baghdad, Iraq. I am on the move to Syria from Iraq as the last batch just left, and i really need your help in assisting me with the safe keeping of two military trunk boxes which has just arrived the USA from Iraq. I hope you can be trusted? Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for now until you have found time to visit the BBC website news below to enable you have insight regarding what I intend to share with you, believing that it would be of your desired interest in one way or the other.

Click on this BBC news listing to confirms what I want to share with you: [LINK REMOVED]

Here is another BBC news listing which has more information; Click to open [LINK REMOVED]

if you can be trusted, I will explain further when i get a response from you. Get back to me having visited the above websites to enable us discuss in a more vivid manner to the best of your understanding? I must say that I’m very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decide to go public.

In this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this letter is strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and nothing more. I will be more vivid and coherent in my next email in this regards. Meanwhile, could you send me a mail confirming you have visited the site and understood my intentions? Am standing by for your urgent response now that we are leaving Iraq to Syria.

You can get back to me via e-mail: [email address removed]

Thanks.